• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

replacing bunks and carpet

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
OK Y'all...

Starting to get my spring "to-do" list going and one of them is replacing the bunks and carpet. What I was hoping someone could help me with is how do you replace them with the boat on the trailer. Besides launching the boat and doing the repairs in the parking lot how do I raise the boat up enough while still on the trailer to get the bunks detached and replaced?

I know, launching and having nothing on the trailer would be the easiest and quickest way but not sure that's really an option right now. I wont be boating for a couple of months anyway but doesn't hurt to start planning.

Anyone do this and have pictures?

Thanks everyone.

By far the easiest and safest way is to launch the boat to do the swap. Measure, cut and cover the new boards at home. You can even predrill and have your new hardware ready to go. Launch boat and remove the old and replace and with a helper it can be done in less then 30 minutes.

Thanks guys…

@Babin Farms … I knew there was another thread about this but couldn’t find it. Great!

@PEARCE thanks bud! It’s so tempting but I don’t know if it will be practical right now. But crap, it would let me get in the water again ??

By far the easiest and safest way is to launch the boat to do the swap. Measure, cut and cover the new boards at home. You can even predrill and have your new hardware ready to go. Launch boat and remove the old and replace and with a helper it can be done in less then 30 minutes.
Couldn't agree more! If you are replacing the bunks too, it should be really quick (like under an hour). Do it now while the ramps are quieter - like this weekend with the freeze. SO MUCH easier than trying to raise your boat off the trailer....and zero risk.

Back