• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Request for test drive thread......

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I seem to remember there being a thread on that other board where potential new members could request a test drive from current members and owners. I've searched on here and haven't found one. Am I missing it, or does it not exist?

Does management think that is something we could implement? I for one would be willing to travel in a pretty good radius from home to help a potential new owner make an informed decision.

I found this zip code radius search tool
https://www.freemaptools.com/find-zip-codes-inside-radius.htm

Perhaps a database of those of us willing to participate, our zip code, and the radius we are willing to travel?!?!

Thoughts?

Mike & Lilly

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I know if u go 2 a dealer they will let you tested before purchasing

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @2kwik4u I'm in also!

Up here, most of our dealers are quite away long way from the water, and even then, I know sometimes it might be nice to go for a ride without a dealer salesperson breathing down your neck.

I'll throw it out there for now, anyone shopping in Saskatchewan drop me a line!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We could also set up a user group for members to join that could then be "pinged" by @ functionality if someone was seeking a test drive. Would depend on how many people were willing to do it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Digging the vibe but it might be a touch long :)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Perhaps a database of those of us willing to participate, our zip code, and the radius we are willing to travel?!?!
Wouldn't the person wanting to ride have to travel to where the boat is??

I know if u go 2 a dealer they will let you tested before purchasing
I asked. My dealer didn't offer it. They offered to let me take it out and try it as a final go/no-go after I'd lined up the purchase and was taking delivery. And then even then I didn't get the introduction on the water that I expected. They claimed they didn't have access to the launch across the street on Saturdays. So the tech walked me through everything on land and then I was on my own.