• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse gate cable

Stephen watford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi, does anyone know the teleflex cross reference for the reverse cable YAM-f2fu749c-00-00? Need to replace both the port and starboard. I heard teleflex is the way to go, but unsure about the size. Dumb question but do I get the 24” cable since it’s a 24 ft boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced the starboard side cable gate yesterday and have a few suggestions to others (to avoid my adventures).

1) When installing the new cable . . . after its connected up in the helm and routed through to the reverse gate, make sure you pull the cable by the reverse gate to a point to where the white clip locks in the indentation in the cable.
If you don't the gate will not perform motions like you expect . . . (e.g. won't fully close when the shifter is in reverse, or pulling open in forward).
It took me a moment to figure out the cable was hung up on the interior side under the clean out ports. If the new cable steps up and down and looks similar to the cable on the other reverse gate - that's a key to determine if your cable if fully pulled through to the point it should be. If it is you can close the white clip.

2) You can route the cables without taking out the screwed down section by the clean out ports, but you have to feel around a bit underneath and with a flashlight. On my cleanout tray it had been really sealed by the prior owners so it would have added a lot of time to pull out the tray, do the work and then reseal it.

3) If working from the helm you can tape together the old and the new cables and use it to route though under the helm to the fuel tray. I used Painters tape. But take it off before running the cable from the fuel tray through the plastic tubing in the engine compartment into the cleanout tray compartment. Once the cable runs under the cleanout port tray, you can feel around and grab the cable and feed it into the hole out the back of the boar for the specific Jet Port. The port side looks a lot easier than the starboard to feed the cable through. On the Starboard side you really need to work the angles to get the cable through - due to the stiffness and length of the cable. As in anything patience is helpful.

Hope this helps.

Attachments