• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RideSteady Tubing Settings

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello,

I am still learning how to best use RideSteady in my AR195 and would appreciate some advice on my tubing setup. With the default values loaded, and the speed setting at 22MPH, I (and the riders) really notice the throttle down action. For example: When I cut a turn to sling the tube outside the wake, RideSteady does a great job of increasing the throttle to slide the tube outside of the wake while keeping speed up. As I straighten the boat, speed will pickup and go above the target (e.g. 22MPH) and the throttle down is noticed by me and the riders. This typically slows the tubes progress toward the opposite side. This is usually a slight pause in tube movement in the middle near the jetwash as the throttle decreases to achieve set speed before it kicks back in.

I think there are at least two options for me to help address the issue (outside of not using RideSteady at all). Should I make adjustments to the overshoot, response, or both settings? If so, which way?

A third option may be to increase overall speed? Last year I felt like I was pulling older kids at 24-25MPH based on dashboard speed. I've noticed the RideSteady speed based on GPS is typically around 2MPH lower than what I am seeing on the dash.

Any advice on how to adjust before my next outing would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

I am still learning how to best use RideSteady in my AR195 and would appreciate some advice on my tubing setup. With the default values loaded, and the speed setting at 22MPH, I (and the riders) really notice the throttle down action. For example: When I cut a turn to sling the tube outside the wake, RideSteady does a great job of increasing the throttle to slide the tube outside of the wake while keeping speed up. As I straighten the boat, speed will pickup and go above the target (e.g. 22MPH) and the throttle down is noticed by me and the riders. This typically slows the tubes progress toward the opposite side. This is usually a slight pause in tube movement in the middle near the jetwash as the throttle decreases to achieve set speed before it kicks back in.

I think there are at least two options for me to help address the issue (outside of not using RideSteady at all). Should I make adjustments to the overshoot, response, or both settings? If so, which way?

A third option may be to increase overall speed? Last year I felt like I was pulling older kids at 24-25MPH based on dashboard speed. I've noticed the RideSteady speed based on GPS is typically around 2MPH lower than what I am seeing on the dash.

Any advice on how to adjust before my next outing would be appreciated.

Thanks!
You could try either increasing or decreasing "response". Increasing it would increase the aggressiveness of the control system to maintain the set speed, which will result in a faster acceleration when slowing down and a faster deceleration when speeding up. Decreasing it would have the opposite effect. I'd try both to see if either works better for you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would also look at your GPS signal. I'm typically at two bars, but when the dongle is only receiving one bar, throttle response lags to speed.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As mentioned above, don't use speed control or rpm control for tubing.

15-18 mph is plenty fast enough, speed comes from turning radius, not so much boat speed. If you go too fast, your wake get smaller and your turn radius gets wider, so by the time you've turned around your tubers aren't hitting big air.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tow between 15-mph and 20 mph and I am always varying speed. I use the cruise assist a bit too to vary speed up and down a bit and it works well. If I have the Super Mable 3 person HD and it is calm I will pull them straight around 23/24 mph once in a great while, but won't whip them around at that speed.