• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rockie mistake, took batterys out, were do wires all go 2016 242x

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I removed batterys for winter and cant remember were all the wires go, any one have a good picture of the batterys 2016 242x. please and thank yoy

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have a photo of my batteries before I rearranged Yamaha's wiring, but I can show you what it looks like now and hopefully walk you through how yours should hook up.

Below is a photo of my early set up (not current...but close). They key things you want to look for:

1. Wire coming from switches to battery 1 (the stern most battery) positive connection
  2. Wire coming from switches to battery 2 (bow most battery) positive connection (labeled C2 on my boat)
  3. As you can see in the photo on the right I installed a negative bus bar, so all my negatives are connected to that, and only 1 wire goes to each battery. You probably have 2 wires (at least) to each neg post.
    1. One will be the negative cross connect, literally a wire that connect both negative posts
    2. One negative connection from the engines to each negative post
  4. There will be 2 positive wires from the amps going to battery 2.
  5. There will be 2 negative wires from the amps going to battery 2
  • There will also be one small positive connection from the DVSR...this connects to battery 1 (stern most) positive post
Tip for the future, use wire ties or zip ties to the wires when you remove the batteries in the fall, and label each group (B1 Pos, B2 Pos, etc).

Quote me or @ me if you need further assistance!

battery.jpg

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you I hooked it up guessing, I will recheck using your pictures and tips thanks

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
8A987A2C-2FB5-4C36-9466-4F61B3AD4A9A.jpeg CCCAC12B-B7AC-4C65-AA2C-A4B19CA0CA45.jpeg
Just reinstalled mine yesterday