• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rudder Linkage Half Off

fabian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I noticed the rudder linkage hanging with the jet side disconnected. The bolts or whatever was once connecting them are now gone. Is there somewhere I can replace these parts? Hopefully it’s not too expensive. Also would it be unwise to keep boating like this?
2020 AR240

Attachments

• 86F34476-B24D-4401-916D-EDE7B6723285.jpeg
    86F34476-B24D-4401-916D-EDE7B6723285.jpeg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 16

Looks pretty cheap. I would call and make sure they actually have the parts in stock. I would remove that linkage if you were going to attempt any boating. I would keep it slow and do some control checking to see what it does as you turn in such. My worse fear would be that the rudder gets turned against the water flow and breaks off. I don’t think it would happen but I don’t have a degree in hydrodynamics.

Having a disconnected rudder will only cause minor steering issues in reverse. Id be careful in reverse until you fix it.

Most dealers should have those parts (or wait for them to be shipped to you)

Back