• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scuba Pack

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have just released to our website for retail our newest addition to our store. The Mantus Scuba Pack.

Our Scuba Pack is designed to be compact, light and portable. Everything fits into a backpack (included) so you can have SCUBA GEAR with you on every adventure. It is an ideal system for cruisers, live-aboards, or recreational divers. Our pack is easy to travel with. The small profile kit fits easily into small places on a boat and allows you hassle free diving for all your underwater projects. Feel the freedom of movement of a free diver while breathing comfortably. (Appropriate Scuba certification/training required for safe use)

2.7 Liter Aluminium Tank
  • Can be pressurized to 3000 PSI
First Stage Yoke Regulator
  • Classic piston regulator with the maximum working pressure of 3500 psi (232 bar)
Second Stage Regulator Main
  • Non-adjustable second stage
  • Comfortable silicone mouthpiece
Second Stage Regulator Spare
  • Non-adjustable second stage
  • Comfortable silicone mouthpiece
Underwater pressure gauge

Light weight and Ergonomic Harness

Back Pack
  • Heavy duty, features drain holes for storing wet gear and a water proof compartment

www.GetAGripAnchors.com

MANTUS1__00789.1486074278.500.650.jpg DSC_0188.jpg WEBSITE-COMPETER-PACK2.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Much smaller tank and bottom time than my Aluminum 80's, but would be good in an emergency, freeing a stuck anchor.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper You are correct, this is a much more compact setup. The goal was to come up with a pack that was lightweight and easy to transport. This pack is easy to carry onboard any boat.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis can the back still carry an 80 sized Tank with the back backpack?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Peter Alonso - Thanks for the question! Are you asking if an 80 sized tank would fit in the gray bag or on the harness?

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
on the back pack harness

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The harness is designed to specifically work with the smaller tanks. I can't say that the harness would not work at all with the larger 80 tanks, but that is not what it was intended for.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a dive master and have this harness - no way I would ever put an 80 on this - it is designed for small pony bottles - 5.25" diameter or smaller but really intended for a 4.4" diameter like a 19 cu ft
This is a light weight system for small tanks - no buoyancy compensation- and a small tank strap - no padding whatsoever.
I use it for quick hull inspections, dropped item searches in shallow water, etc.
For that, it is well made. This is not a substitute for a proper bcd.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks divemaster, the pack is marketed for my than just hull inspections (see video above) which is why I asked and for the type of diving that i do, i prefer a harness over a BC, bouyancy control isnt an issue.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Per mantus, the harness can accommodate up to a 4L tank (27 ft3) or approximately 5.5" diameter. Their video and package uses a 19 ft3 tank.
An 80 would be too big for the tank strap. The back plate is very small - ideal for the small tanks, and compact nature of this harness.
The strap adjustments, etc work well for small tanks, but I think you would find it difficult for a heavier tank.
There are plenty of harnesses and backplates without buoyancy if that's what you want for an 80, though I know they are a lot more expensive

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure, just do a Hogarthian rig with no wing. Compact, lightweight, inexpensive and can handle anything up to an 80 or bigger. This Mantus as a system looks neat, though, and I like the concept.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm not a diver at all but enjoy snorkeling and the limited free diving that comes with it. Something I have thought about getting over the past few years is some kind of mini tank maybe with 3-5 minutes worth of air in it just for the random time I want to further investigated something do they make something like this that's worth a crap? I want something really small maybe handheld or similar in size it wouldn't be used in probably more then 20-25 ft of water

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm not a diver at all but enjoy snorkeling and the limited free diving that comes with it. Something I have thought about getting over the past few years is some kind of mini tank maybe with 3-5 minutes worth of air in it just for the random time I want to further investigated something do they make something like this that's worth a crap? I want something really small maybe handheld or similar in size it wouldn't be used in probably more then 20-25 ft of water
There sure is: https://www.leisurepro.com/p-sx27b/spare-air-3000-30-kit-black-tank?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eiekHA3GrHdNHWLybwUYMRp4IEj63n4EHYaMqry0hu60xkmj2UIQ0DAaAstlEALw_wcB&kwid=19959388920x23270175516x344084676. I don't know if I did that right, I'm not too good at computer stuff and even worse on a smart phone.
Anyway, these are called spare air bottles and are meant to give a diver a backup air supply so they can get to the surface in an emergency. I don' see why it couldn't be used by a snorkeler to get a little more underwater time. I wouldn't go very deep with one, at least no deeper than I could get to the surface easily on one breath. Not sure how I feel about someone using one without at least a little training, though.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is a product called spare air that is very small. It's intended to have enough air to get a diver up to the surface in an emergency. Probably 2-5 minutes in shallow water, but you should get certified to use it and get it filled.
Since you like getting underwater, why not get certified?
The mantus unit which is the subject of this thread would last much longer than spare air, but may be more equipment than you were thinking

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don' see why it couldn't be used by a snorkeler to get a little more underwater time. I wouldn't go very deep with one, at least no deeper than I could get to the surface easily on one breath. Not sure how I feel about someone using one without at least a little training, though.
Key words "at least a little training". Should be fine as long as the person knows to exhale on the ascend. If they use it while free diving. Not necessarily intuitive.

--

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use it for quick hull inspections, dropped item searches in shallow water, etc.
For that, it is well made.
@PeterB You are spot on! The original design of this product was geared towards being compact, easy to carry, and easy to stow.