• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Searching for spring/fall boating, beach, dock, fresh water, clean swim water,southern midwest area

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Big Shasta
How is Lake Martin? do you rent house or condo and is it with a dock?
Seen you rent on Lake Martin on other post.

I am up in Chicago and looking for southern rental location in the spring and fall for family vacation with the boat. Been searching for something fresh water (painted trailer), with nice beach (at house if possible) would be great, but not sure if it exists, because I am still searching.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know about the beach, but the water and activities here are endless. It is going to be one of our Texas/Okla/Ark gatherings this year. Plenty of folks have been wanting to stay at these floating cabins. They are pricy but really nice and the water...well, it is clear blue! Come join us!
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lake-murray-floating-cabins-ardmore-ok-june-5-7th-2015.3858/
Lake Texoma is not an hour away from there too, the lodging won't be on a beach but there are real sand beaches of yellow/white fine grain sand along the islands and Okla side of the lake. The lake is on the red river and a large man made lake that the Corp of Engineers built in the 50's.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@dan144k , you should definitely come down to Shelbyville for the Midwest gathering this year....... July 30th - Aug 2nd... We had a great time last year and are already booked for this year.... Hope to see you there!!!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JC6275 Unable to do Shelbyville this year, schedule is busy that weekend with regional convention and non changeable. Gonna try and go to shelbyville some other weekend this year but dont know when yet.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We also love Clinton lake as well, if you haven't been there put it on the to visit list... Closer than Shelbyville, and it's warm water!!!

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clinton Lake is on my list too, any beaches at CLinton Lake? just have not got there yet.

I hear there are some nice boating areas near Kankakee.

Summers are difficult for me to get time off work. I do commercial industrial HVACR mostly refrigeration, and that is the busy work season. Need to try and do some more long weekends and visit places. Our son will be 4 this year, so it is getting easier as he gets older.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We boat on the kankakee river some. I live about 1 mile from it . There are a lot of shallow areas but doesn't matter too much with the Yamahas. It gets pretty crowded where we go because it's only boatable for a couple miles between the dam and where it gets too shallow. A lot of people down this way boat on the Desplains river I've never been on it but people say it's good as well. Definitely try to get to at least Clinton this year. It is a FANTASTIC lake , clean, has a nice marina and multiple launches. Warm water lake because it's a cooling lake for a nuclear power plant.." pay no attention to the 2 headed and 8 eyed fish" LOL

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@JC6275 Unable to do Shelbyville this year, schedule is busy that weekend with regional convention and non changeable. Gonna try and go to shelbyville some other weekend this year but dont know when yet.
Keep us posted on when you plan to hit Shelbyville. We go there quite a bit throughout the summer, it would be fun to meet you there.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Try Kentucky lake and lake Barkley. Lots of marinas on the north end and all over Kentucky, Barkley feels deserted on nonholiday weekends. Check out the Lodge on Barkley, 5 minute ride to sandy beach bay, my favorite hangout.

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How far south do you want to go? We've been to Laurel River Lake in Southern Kentucky. Absolutely gorgeous.... Cumberland falls and Cumberland gap are nearby as is the first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

Cave Run Lake, farther north and east (still in Kentucky), is nice too.

I'll second the Kentucky Lake / Lake Barkley recommendation... spent a week there 7-8 years ago. Plenty to do at the Land Between the Lakes too.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@dan144k check out Norris Lake. It is just north of Knoxville and has floating houses so no need for a beach. Just jump off the porch. @CAM212SS has a condo he rents out right on the water. High recommend the lake! It has the purest water I have ever seen.
Lake-House-Rev-2.jpg

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Norris is great, we go every other year and rent a house with family friends from Knoxville. AWESOME, but never done the floating house.
Lake Barkley we stayed near Cadiz, one october, was cold and water level real low, plan to go back someday
Rend Lake, visit a few times each year, wifes family near there. The Resort has really good long islands and burgers.
Rock River, went a lot when we 1st got boat, now we just go to small and shallow Fox river in Elgin.
Lake Michigan, for fireworks and air and water show.

Wife asked if I could find more Beach area spots, so I am looking.
Don't mind trailering. Boat just follows the van, never had any problems. Just looking for nice places for a long weekend or week.

We usually try t rent a house with a Dock, and divide it up with some families we know. I bring the boat and they bring gas money and food.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I haven't stayed at a floating house yet, but it would be pretty cool. Norris lake is my favorite and will be going again before I move.