• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Should I ???? <Buy this fixer upper boat>

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thinking about buying, fixing, and flipping ??

97 Yamaha Exciter asking $2000 Here is the ad.. ???Boat also has a refurbished title ????

"Yamaha exciter 220 hp exciter jet boat super fast and lots of fun. the one moter needs something in the starting department the other runs great. priced to sell doing some research everything is telling me its a bendix gear about $35 on ebay but the motor has to come out I don't have the equipment of time to do it"

exciter 2.jpg
exciter.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im waiting for more pictures and more info.... Im thinking if I got it for $1000 then that's a pretty good number.....not sure what these models are going for nowadays.. Does anyone know.. So even if I got for 1k, put 1k into it...would I get any profit?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not wanting to be too conservative here...but even considering getting it for $1K is 50% off of his asking price, which is already reduced a good bit. Sweat equity is sweat equity. You can turn a nickel or two on it, but your going to have to get your hands dirty and know what your doing. But it does look like a fun project! Myself, I would consider what the value of my time was worth and put it towards something I could generate that kind of return. If you can generate that with this, then it is a good project. I don't really look at these boats like there is room in them for several middle men, not at that age...but again, I am pretty conservative on these things. And remember, opinions are like assholes...everybody has them, and rarely is everybody right!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lot's of dirt and rotted vinyl, makes me wonder what else is hidden. The buckets look like they aren't aligned, so steering cables are probably hosed. Might be a fun project boat to keep and enjoy, not sure I would buy it as a flip project.

@geiger41 I think you'll want the boat to be too perfect before you sell it, and that eats profit.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good call to walk/run away from this deal. In a former life, I had a side business buying and selling used ATV's and if the cosmetics are in terrible shape, it is almost a certainty that the mechanical end is even in worse shape. Many people think they take good care of their equipment because they wash it and make it look good, but completely ignore the mechanical side. When the cosmetic side is ignored, you know they just don't give a crap.