• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally installing my transducer.

1465147040966-378943834.jpg

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very rare Fire Rainbow.
20160605_124829.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes sir @2nazt. Came with the elite 4-hdi I bought last black Friday. I just glued it down with 5200 back near the battery, on the opposite side of the bilge pump.

IMG_20160605_153900_01.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me and a few friends testing those fishing sun screens off the other thread!!
image.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes sir @2nazt. Came with the elite 4-hdi I bought last black Friday. I just glued it down with 5200 back near the battery, on the opposite side of the bilge pump.

View attachment 38230
Did you water test the trasducer yet? Is 5200 working better than epoxy? Very interested in your opinion.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski - I used 5200 on my transducer and cable. We boat a few times a month and I haven't had any problems. And my transducer has been installed for over a year.
transducer.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski - I used 5200 on my transducer and cable. We boat a few times a month and I haven't had any problems. And my transducer has been installed for over a year.
View attachment 38295
Hah - very clever to run the transom transducer cable through the scupper orifice!

I was looking at @veedubtek Elite 4 transducer install- embedding in 5200 for through hull install, rather than the more common epoxy. I want to move one of mine, and love the idea of using 5200.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh... yeah I see that now.
Well if you care to mount on the outside let me know and I'll be happy to forward any information and/or pics.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had some great water today.

image.jpeg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And I found a new grill stand.

image.jpeg

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hah - very clever to run the transom transducer cable through the scupper orifice!

I was looking at @veedubtek Elite 4 transducer install- embedding in 5200 for through hull install, rather than the more common epoxy. I want to move one of mine, and love the idea of using 5200.
Use all that 5200...we'll make more!! :thumbsup:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson I will, love that stuff, used it for years. :D

But, I am also your biggest nightmare ever since I've learned it keeps fresh in a freezer (after it's been opened)...
I now have a dedicated shelf for it! :p

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am guessing that you work for 3M, my Father worked for 3M for 37 years. He worked at the Decatur Alabama Plant.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am guessing that you work for 3M, my Father worked for 3M for 37 years. He worked at the Decatur Alabama Plant.
I have been at our Springfield plant for 30 years now. I have worked with several folks from the Decatur plant but that has been over 20 years ago.

On a side note, most of the marine sealants and aerosols that you will find on the shelves of your favorite stores are made right here in Springfield. They all come through our lab and I usually have a hand on what gets released and what doesn't. We make everything from arts and craft adhesives to products that keep airplanes together. Think about that the next time you fly, that plane your in has glue all over it!! :winkingthumbsup"

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been at our Springfield plant for 30 years now. I have worked with several folks from the Decatur plant but that has been over 20 years ago.

On a side note, most of the marine sealants and aerosols that you will find on the shelves of your favorite stores are made right here in Springfield. They all come through our lab and I usually have a hand on what gets released and what doesn't. We make everything from arts and craft adhesives to products that keep airplanes together. Think about that the next time you fly, that plane your in has glue all over it!! :winkingthumbsup"
We use a few 3M products in the Air Force.