• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry for the potato picture, but a bald eagle out the other afternoon while we were on the water. First time seeing one in the wild down here. Going to need to start packing an actual camera.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We picked up a few of those. Super nice for the money.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just finished a ton of yard work. Now it's time to relax and admire the sweat work with a cold brew. First time trying out this Tennessee beer and it's not too shabby for a pale wheat ale. Has just a faint hint of citrus perfect for summer days.

IMG_8965.JPG

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just finished a ton of yard work. Now it's time to relax and admire the sweat work with a cold brew. First time trying out this Tennessee beer and it's not too shabby for a pale wheat ale. Has just a faint hint of citrus perfect for summer days.

View attachment 74250
Ha! I thought it was going to be a pic of a well manacured pg-13 lawn! Well played!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the cooler cars I saw at the auto museum in San Diego. I saw it once on tv, probably ripley’s believe it or not back on the day. Basically it is a heavily modified car that can be refueled (from its custom trailer which also contained a phone booth) and maintained without stopping. Even the tires could be changed while the car is still moving. It also has some rv like features, such as a shower, toilet, etc. my wife cringed wen she read the toilet doubles as a clothes washing machine.
View attachment 73946
View attachment 73952
I remember that episode!! I can still remember the guy sticking a portable catwalk of some sort to the side of the car and the "landing gear" coming down so that they could change the tire on the fly! Awesome!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure it shows up, but this was the view on the ride home from a weekend of reffing basketball.Screenshot_20180513-204743_Gallery.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These 12v electric blankets were delivered yesterday, Mother’s Day / Sunday although I just ordered them the day before. One is for my Mother and the other for the boat. Both were $23. I will report on how well the one for the boat works or does not as soon as I can.
69295122-7D0B-44B9-8076-0AE87D8DC02A.jpeg

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mailbox vandals struck again this weekend. Bought a 3 1/2 " steel lally column filed with concrete and buried it 3 feet down in 240 lbs on concrete. My son welded me a cage made of 1/2 rebar that we welded to the top of the post. I pitty the poor soul that takes a wack at this. 20180513_160916.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mailbox vandals struck again this weekend. Bought a 3 1/2 " steel lally column filed with concrete and buried it 3 feet down in 240 lbs on concrete. My son welded me a cage made of 1/2 rebar that we welded to the top of the post. I pitty the poor soul that takes a wack at this. View attachment 74360
I think I would have put a nice little wood covering on it, maybe paint it pink or maybe put a big target on it ?? just something to say "go ahead, take a swing"

of course I'd set up a camera also because I would love to see the results of the next swing they take at it.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mailbox vandals struck again this weekend. Bought a 3 1/2 " steel lally column filed with concrete and buried it 3 feet down in 240 lbs on concrete. My son welded me a cage made of 1/2 rebar that we welded to the top of the post. I pitty the poor soul that takes a wack at this. View attachment 74360
And the sad part is that if somebody gets hurt while trying to damage your property.......they would sue you and some dirtball lawyer will make some $.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well done. I had concreted a reg size mailbox inside a large mailbox and then a steel post to the ground once. Made for a covert large target. Pound of flesh and bone as they say

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just something I was looking at when my Son was taking the California Boaters course which is required in order to get a Boating Card that anyone under 20 years old operating a motor vehicle on the water in California must have this year. Next year it will be anyone 25 and under.

Take a look at the table and honestly ask and answer (to yourself), "Did you know that?"

upload_2018-5-14_20-33-36.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is one tough mailbox setup you have. It sucks that you have to go through such great lengths to protect your mailbox. Here in NCal, I haven't experienced anything like that but Porch Pirates are always in and on the news. Some people have resorted to filling packages with dog crap and / or generating the sound of a shotgun being cocked when appropriate (e.g., just as they lift the package off the ground, police departments are using bait packages with GPS inside.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just something I was looking at when my Son was taking the California Boaters course which is required in order to get a Boating Card that anyone under 20 years old operating a motor vehicle on the water in California must have this year. Next year it will be anyone 25 and under.

Take a look at the table and honestly ask and answer (to yourself), "Did you know that?"

View attachment 74403
I actually did know all of that, here in PA anyone operating a PWC must have a boaters safety card regardless of age. In my opinion everyone should be required to have a boaters safety course, just like a drivers licence is required to drive a vehicle.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 74403
Not to be "that way" but yes, I too knew that. That chart is included in every State's Boater's Safety Brochure. As a matter of habit I check it every spring to make sure the regs haven't changed and that I'm still legal before I hit the water.

I'll confess to being a manual-reader though. I'm an engineer so it's in my nature to first read the manual, then make "improvements." ;)

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When it comes to life vest each state has there own requirements as to when children must wear them. [flag]