• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski
I assume that is one of those blankets that plugs into the cigarette lighter. What is the current draw?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski
I assume that is one of those blankets that plugs into the cigarette lighter. What is the current draw?
Correct. It has a considerable draw I believe about 3-4 amps. I had it plugged off of the dash 12v outlet/cig lighter. May need to install an additional outlet on the passenger side. The blanket gets warm but not very warm, I had it plugged for about an hour total (?) with no issues.
It's kind of nice. I'm told.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Decided to get the sled out and do a Thanksgiving run down part of the driveway. Sled kept pulling to the left. Could use a little more fluff it was a little boney and hard to steer while holding a camera. I know others have had similar issues in their boat.;)

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I trust you are a better boat pilot than sled pilot.:)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
35D0E373-8844-477B-BF89-952800030AD6.jpeg Out and about tonight and I run into a drink named after our very own Jet Boat Pilot @JetBoatPilot

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Decided to get the sled out and do a Thanksgiving run down part of the driveway. Could use a little more fluff it was a little boney and hard to steer while holding a camera. I know others have had similar issues in their boat.;)
uh-oh...
early onset cabin fever alert?
:D

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was lucky enough to take a ride in this little beauty today, it's an Ariel Atom race car. Our friend that is helping my daughter shoot took me for a "ball cap" ride vs. having to wear a racing helmet and suit, he said he only ran it at about 40% but it was still putting me back in the seat and felt like it was glued to the track,

20181124_161529.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is how they collapse and store the docks for the winter at the marina the Beneteau is at. A different newer dock system at the marina next door, where the Yamaha was, and they are still out. Maybe because they have a fuel dock way out on the end.
20181125_121847_1.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is how they collapse and store the docks for the winter at the marina the Beneteau is at. A different newer dock system at the marina next door, where the Yamaha was, and they are still out. Maybe because they have a fuel dock.
View attachment 85393
Pic not showing! Could you repost?

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was watching the weather report last night and they showed rain down at lake level. I took this pic. this morning and I was pretty surprised to see they were right. Looks nothing like it does just a few miles away.
20181129_072236.jpg
Because it has been snowing for 2 days up at elevation and away from the Lake. Its sticky and a really nice base to put down for skiing. 10" from a storm last week and 12+ more inches in the last couple of days. Tis the Season for snow up here. At least the dogs like it.
20181128_122651.jpg
20181129_070756.jpg
This is at 1100' above lake level this am.
My drive to do evening chores last night.
20181128_204619.jpg
Dont get me wrong I am not bitchen, but we are still in November.;) I know others out in Missouri have commented on how early it is. And yes this is early even by Vermont standards. The Best pre Christmas skiing conditions in years. The Resorts are loving it.
20181129_080940.jpg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper you live in a beautiful area of the world. Snow is pretty and it can be fun to play in, but I'd be tired of it in about a week. I guess that's why we live in Texas! Every time we enjoy pancakes with pure maple syrup I think about you and your farm and how much work goes into it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zipper you live in a beautiful area of the world. Snow is pretty and it can be fun to play in, but I'd be tired of it in about a week. I guess that's why we live in Texas! Every time we enjoy pancakes with pure maple syrup I think about you and your farm and how much work goes into it.
Amen to that dude! I'm thinking about putting my head down and crushing some work, then hit the golf course for 9 holes. Supposed to be 75F and sunny today! Play 9 then come home and watch the Cowboys pull one off against the Saints on the back patio!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As they say " beauty is in the eye of the beholder " or something like that. We have been talking about where to retire and when to move back South. Then we could visit snow if we wanted. Pretty tired of plowing the farm out already. Would not be as bad if the ground was frozen so I could drop the plow all the way down. I use my Kubota, currently if you drop it you will push the stone off to the edge, so I leave it up a little and make constant adjustments to the plow based on terrain so I take snow off without picking up too much stone. We do it all for your pancakes!:winkingthumbsup" Where ever we end up...boats will be in the picture.

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amen to that dude! I'm thinking about putting my head down and crushing some work, then hit the golf course for 9 holes. Supposed to be 75F and sunny today! Play 9 then come home and watch the Cowboys pull one off against the Saints on the back patio!
That right there is a pretty good sales job for moving to Texas.