• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a few tips for those who rent ski equipment. Buy boots for those who have stopped growing and have a custom fit done even after finding the right fitting boot. It makes a huge difference in many ways to take your own boots with you. Reserve performance rentals or demos at a local ski equipment retailer instead of the main resort. Better stuff that is better taken care of and swapped out more often. Less crowded and quicker too. Buy and bring your own helmets. Getting the right fit helps too.

If you ski enough days a year and always drive I recommend owning all of your own equipment and learning to maintain it yourself. New old stock is frequently just a different color than the current year and can be had at a huge discount.
This is great advice. I own all my own equipment, my entire family does as well. Between the pain of rental boots and the hassle. We schlep all our gear, of course I am 10.5 hours to the slopes. My wife first complained when I wanted to start driving it, instead of flying and renting a car. We took off at about the same time as another party that we were meeting at the condo. They beat us by 15 minutes.

Using a great boot fitter is awesome. My kids used to complain about their rentals always hurting their feet. They would want to go back to condo, which of course shortened my day. Bought them boots and had them fitted. They ski all day now without complaints of hurting feet. We typically get 25 to 30 days a season on the slopes. I am a little light this year due too my back. At least they get to ski as I sit and drink beer watching.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is an aweful lot of activity down by the Beneteau. Many State Police with scuba tanks and dry suits. Hope it is only training.
They could not have picked a better day, if it is training, +6°F this morning. I hope the regulators don't freeze up while on the surface.

20190107_120504.jpg
20190107_121417.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is an aweful lot of activity down by the Beneteau. Many State Police with scuba tanks and dry suits. Hope it is only training.
They could not have picked a better day, if it is training, +6°F this morning. I hope the regulators don't freeze up while on the surface.

View attachment 86354
View attachment 86355
Sure... it's just training...

--

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 86354
View attachment 86355
I'm real curious to know what's going on too. Is the ice solid yet? I wonder if someone fell thru the ice and drown.

On a lighter note, are those police cruisers all wheel drive?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm real curious to know what's going on too. Is the ice solid yet? I wonder if someone fell thru the ice and drown.

On a lighter note, are those police cruisers all wheel drive?
I'm pretty sure they are just getting some time in cold water and under the ice. The Lake off Burlington is still open. I watched them come out at 2 ish, no bodies or rescue vehicles viewed.

As far as all wheel drive...the Ford SUV is AWD or 4WD for sure, the Charger not sure, could be. They do make them AWD.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
067B5A16-6096-4651-A385-DEC2ECEB6384.jpeg I have a friend who is a NYS Trooper he said the Chevy Tahoe’s are state bid and 2wd.
Last night in paradise, back to crappy NY weather tomorrow.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would imagine the Explorer is standard issue front wheel drive just like they are down here. I'm thinking there's nothing special about the Charger either with a v6 and rear wheel drive. I can't see a municipality spending anymore money on standard issue vehicles then they absolutely have to. The all wheel drive Explorers are not cheap in civilian trim and I've never seen an all wheel drive Charger unless they're not marked as such when they are.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't see a municipality spending anymore money on standard issue vehicles then they absolutely have to. The all wheel drive Explorers are not cheap in civilian trim...
Vermont is not very flat. I would think most police Explorers if not all are 4wd here. Kind of useless not having it when you have snow and ice for 5-6 mos. Here is one that was recently up for auction V6 4wd. https://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/15005/item/2013-ford-explorer-4-door-police-interceptor-92206

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The pursuit rated tahoes are two wheel drive. The explorers are front wheel or all wheel drive with either the normally asprited v6 or the turbo.... the new chargers are pretty much all, all wheel drive now with the v8. The government contracts are priced waaaaay different than the private sector. Much cheaper for a local government to purchase than the sticker we see on the dealer lot.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know in the Pittsburgh all of the explorers and even the Taurus are all all wheel drive now.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The pursuit rated tahoes are two wheel drive. The explorers are front wheel or all wheel drive with either the normally asprited v6 or the turbo.... the new chargers are pretty much all, all wheel drive now with the v8. The government contracts are priced waaaaay different than the private sector. Much cheaper for a local government to purchase than the sticker we see on the dealer lot.
I have an Explorer that is a 4 x 4. It has a knob on the center console that lets you select what type of terrain you are in to determine the type of power distribution to the front or back wheels. It's also a V6. Crazy thing is, it's a company car and I live in Dallas where I never need 4 wheel drive. I think they give us these because the resale value is higher when we trade them in.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pittsburgh weather.
Yesterday, 61 and sunny.20190108_145503.jpg

Today, 30 and snow, not complaining the ski resorts are going to get up to 8" of snow and it's cold enough for them to make it.
20190109_105111.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pittsburgh weather.
Yesterday, 61 and sunny.View attachment 86405

Today, 30 and snow, not complaining the ski resorts are going to get up to 8" of snow and it's cold enough for them to make it.
View attachment 86406
Yea that last weather band was crazy . In OKC we had 4-6 inches of snow drop on one day then it was 60 the next.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Supposed to hit mid 40's overnight here in Naples. Grrrr!! I've already had to wear jeans for a week last month...enough is enough!!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The wacky weather does not bother the dogs...they love just hanging outside.

20190103_122750.jpg

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Snow storm. Our kids using sled dogs... (two of our PONs), lol
IMG_7960.JPG
IMG_7961.JPG
IMG_7965.JPG

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice morning to take your chainsaw for a walk in the woods.
20190111_123503.jpg

Cleaning up storm damage/trees, branches from sap lines. Refreshing. Saw -6 earlier.

20190111_121303.jpg
B.S. its cold out here, but there is work to be done.

Last edited: