• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Been wanting to retire to warmer weather down South, but it looks like warmer Winter weather is coming to us. I might start an Orange grove on the farm in the near future. ;)
Ahhh, go for it! You only live once. They grow easier here.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ahhh, go for it! You only live once. They grow easier here.
I lived near Orlando around UCF for 3 years. It is where Willow and I met, back in the 80's. We are thinking hard about it and started looking at real estate on the gulf coast. It has been a while, but I don't remember which is worse...Vermont Winters or Florida Summers.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I lived near Orlando around UCF for 3 years. It is where Willow and I met, back in the 80's. We are thinking hard about it and started looking at real estate on the gulf coast. It has been a while, but I don't remember which is worse...Vermont Winters or Florida Summers.
They're both intense and long. Last summer seemed especially hot for some reason otherwise it's not that bad. It does take time to acclimate. I was born and raised in New England (RI). Moved to FL 30 years ago and just love it. I would never move back. Weather here is just beautiful. If you're thinking of the Gulf Coast check out Clearwater/St Pete area or South of the Skyway (where the water turns back to clear blue).

Let me know if you want a tour or ride on the boat. Good luck!!!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hate it when I dig into something, then wait 4 days to put it back together. I'm having a panic attack just thinking about hooking all this crap back up!!! New 400 amp motor controller for the golf cart. Need to get this baby some more speed!!IMG_8117.jpegIMG_8120.jpegIMG_8121.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Repairs have been made to American Magic. A test run with the new Bandaid graphic on the hull. These boats are amazingly agile.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Part of my commute today. Nobody else on the road, good thing. Driving out to the remote part of the sugarbush. A foot of snow and a steep hill after crossing the brook. Love this part of the property. There are 4 civil war era cellar holes with barns scattered around the back 200 acres.

Here is the Brock celler hole in Spring conditions. Hard to get the layout in the picture, but the stones show a fairly big house for this area for the time.

20200429_085433.jpg

And this was the two story barn foundation about 100' away.

20200429_085626.jpg

Been itchin to pass a metal detector over these areas.

EDIT:

Here is the Beers Atlas c. 1869 showing our part of the Town. The Beers atlas must have consumed some Beers, LOL. They drove around countryside measuring Rods, a length of measure of 16.5' which coincides with the circumference of the wagon wheel. They set up a clicker on the wheel to announce one revolution of the wheel to measure a rod.

20210128_063236.jpg

When I zoom in you can see all the names of the house sites that populated the property. And, you can see the old school house across the road. You can see where the Brock property was. A rough outline of the property today.

20210128_063630.jpg

I know where the Wells, Holmes and Farnsworth cellar holes are, some of their stones made it into our houses' stonework. The Farnsworth cellar hole had some of the nicest stones to reuse. I have not found the exact location of the Shockett homestead as farming practices since have hidden any evidence. It was busy up here in the 1800's. The Miles house site is where we built the cheese plant which now houses the vacuum pump and sap storage tanks.

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Repairs have been made to American Magic. A test run with the new Bandaid graphic on the hull. These boats are amazingly agile.

While these boats are fast and technically advanced, i prefer the old days when the boats were traditional sailing vessels.
I was in Newport with my father when they Hauled out the Australia II out of the water and people were screaming they cheated.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went to college in Bristol, RI. between 1978-80. Spent a lot of time in Newport. I too like a boat that does not require a dozen crew to sail.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Successful day!
#7 glow plug replaced, had to remove glow plug controller, injector and return line, finally used a stubby to get an 1/8 turn and just kept at it, was finally able to slip a piece of fuel line over it to spin it out and spin it back in, getting it out was about an hour of frustration, it screwed back in about 1 minute, worst part was flashlight kept falling down, tomorrow i attack #5

View attachment 140916View attachment 140917View attachment 140916View attachment 14091720210126_160209~2.jpg20210126_155953.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Could make a sweet table from that !
All the good wood has been collected. And we will also move this stump with our bigger front end loader.
I work for 1 of the NY State Universities.
The plan is to move it to our Visual Arts Bldg and let our woodworking students make furniture and whatever else out of it.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While these boats are fast and technically advanced, i prefer the old days when the boats were traditional sailing vessels.
I was in Newport with my father when they Hauled out the Australia II out of the water and people were screaming they cheated.
At work- 300 year old beach tree had to come down. We tried to save her for several years, to no avail.
But anyways - look at the size of this stump. In pic 2 - you can’t even see my Gator parked behind it.:eek:View attachment 141002View attachment 141003

Put that stump on my Woodmizer. It is big, maybe too big. But I would slice away at it to make smaller slabs.

20171204_083130.jpg

20180205_160856.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All the good wood has been collected. And we will also move this stump with our bigger front end loader.
I work for 1 of the NY State Universities.
The plan is to move it to our Visual Arts Bldg and let our woodworking students make furniture and whatever else out of it.
It's massive! Some nice burl wood in there I bet. Should be some beautiful stuff come out of it.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like feeding and watching the birds. I don't like it when they fly into the windows or sliding glass door. I heard the bang and the dogs barking, Went over to look and found this Downey woodpecker looking back up at me. As soon as I opened the door it flew away. This was the first of two to do it yesterday.

This one was stunned but flew away, as did the other one.
20210127_092405.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Successful day!
#7 glow plug replaced, had to remove glow plug controller, injector and return line, finally used a stubby to get an 1/8 turn and just kept at it, was finally able to slip a piece of fuel line over it to spin it out and spin it back in, getting it out was about an hour of frustration, it screwed back in about 1 minute, worst part was flashlight kept falling down, tomorrow i attack #5

View attachment 140916View attachment 140917View attachment 140916View attachment 140917View attachment 141008View attachment 141009
Lucky you...I tried changing a glow plug on my 06 duramax five years ago. Snapped it off. Had the OBD codes read a couple of years ago and had 4 bad GP's. May have more bad by now. Truck still starts but I have to plug it in to start it below 0°F. Mileage sucks. Glad yours came out for you. To fix mine, the heads will need to be pulled.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I see your -2° and raise you 2.

20210129_061509.jpg

It's gonna be brutal today as I walk around tapping trees. Wind chill predicted to be in the -20's today. I may add ski goggles to yesterdays attire. And load up with hand and foot warmers. This mask has nothing to do with covid. Glad it is only a couple of days of this and then a heat wave with temps back in the 30's.

20210129_063913.jpg

@DeanP I take back what I said about Florida Summers vs. Vermont Winters. It only takes working out in one cold snap to clear your mind. 🌴

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I see your -2° and raise you 2.

View attachment 141077

It's gonna be brutal today as I walk around tapping trees. Wind chill predicted to be in the -20's today. I may add ski goggles to yesterdays attire. And load up with hand and foot warmers. This mask has nothing to do with covid. Glad it is only a couple of days of this and then a heat wave with temps back in the 30's.

View attachment 141079

@DeanP I take back what I said about Florida Summers vs. Vermont Winters. It only takes working out in one cold snap to clear your mind. 🌴
LOL, Seems clear but it's because everything is frozen! Only your eyes can see clearly to get you back inside. :winkingthumbsup"