• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I forgot what those NE winters are, lol.
We got about 2' of the white stuff.
Pretty... until your wife starts freaking out the new deck is going to fall with all the weight.
1612234003725.png

I did some calculations and figured we were fine, however that approach fell way short of being convincing...
Which left me with few options...
1612234143076.png

3 hours later...

And, of course, it is keeps snowing; I'm gonna run out of Advil.

Mornings are good though.
Today, I had the normally busiest stretch of hwy 80 to myself!
1612234550732.png

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty... until your wife starts freaking out the new deck is going to fall with all the weight.
View attachment 141352

I did some calculations and figured we were fine, however that approach fell way short of being convincing...
View attachment 141355

3 hours later...

View attachment 141356

--
You need one of those Toro power shovels for that...I'm guessing a snow blower up there would be a no-no

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need one of those Toro power shovels for that...I'm guessing a snow blower up there would be a no-no
Another brilliant recommendation for Mr @drewkaree !
I'm gonna try to pick one up this weekend, if I can find any in stock...

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think Ego might make a battery powered one, and Amazon will have similar brands, maybe Greenworks or SunJoe? I would sell you my lazy neighbor's, but I don't know if his wife will part with it since she's done all the snow removal for as long as they've lived in the neighborhood

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
... And temper expectations, those Power shovels make removal easier, IMO, but it won't be spewing out a plume of snow like a 2-stage snowmower, think of it like a junior single-stage, but DEFINITELY better than the lift-and-heave of a shovel.

Alternatively, I can personally vouch for The Snowplow wheeled pusher, but it won't work on 2', you'd have to go out a few times and stay on top of it. I've owned 2, definitely worth it to me

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
... And temper expectations, those Power shovels make removal easier, IMO, but it won't be spewing out a plume of snow like a 2-stage snowmower, think of it like a junior single-stage, but DEFINITELY better than the lift-and-heave of a shovel.

Alternatively, I can personally vouch for The Snowplow wheeled pusher, but it won't work on 2', you'd have to go out a few times and stay on top of it. I've owned 2, definitely worth it to me

i have the snowplow shovel also driveway is downhill...best shovel/plow ever...no more lifting.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's not so much what I see...It's what I hear. One of my favorite bands/albums of all times. Brings me back to Roger Williams College, Bristol RI. 1979. The song is fitting for the Nor'easter dumping snow Down on the Farm, as I type. Is it Mardi Gras yet? A Little Feat music to put that step in your shoveling.

The cover song Down on the Farm.

You gotta listen to these with a good stereo.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 141352

View attachment 141355

3 hours later...

View attachment 141356

--
If I moved back, this would be my snow removal tool......

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Huh. That should work wonders on my wooden deck! no more shoveling.
:cool:

--
People pay top dollar for that patina look on wooden decks!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got a little bit of snow in the Eastern Sierras. US395 had a few feet on each side
IMG_4936.jpg
Snow almost to the mid deck
IMG_4940.jpg
I think the total was in the 8 to 10ft range.
IMG_4943.jpg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The guy I used to work for many years back put "in-floor" heat in his DRIVEWAY in Wisconsin. So he wouldn't have to do snow removal, or pay anyone to do it....
The $$ that costs to run is unbelievable. Be cheaper to pay someone to plow it unless you have unlimited funds.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The $$ that costs to run is unbelievable. Be cheaper to pay someone to plow it unless you have unlimited funds.
Not really. Zone it out properly, and have shutoffs, and you don't need to run it any longer than when it snows, or if you wanted to de-ice it. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to do it for our front sidewalk out to the city sidewalk, when the time comes to do the big landscaping job I want to do for the front yard. My neighbor up north did it inside his garage, and he's stated numerous times that he really could kick himself every time it snows, for not running it out onto the main part of the driveway.

Valves and plumbing, the simplicity and cost are in the setup!

From my understanding, they did this in Colorado (Denver?) somewhere for the entire city. Get it started running before the snow, make sure the drains are running, and Bob's yer uncle!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What my son saw while snow boarding at Heavenly Ski Resort in South Lake Tahoe yesterday and what I saw waiting for him to come down the mountain an hour late for our drive home.
B42C3A8F-6418-43FA-B921-7DB9821AA2E4.jpeg6F66F12A-270C-48B0-A283-B0CD61F4DFCC.jpegF72A957B-2A6B-428D-9CE6-DFAED8AFABF8.pngC65A9AD7-1867-4EC1-86DC-0760D93C1E91.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put inl
Not really. Zone it out properly, and have shutoffs, and you don't need to run it any longer than when it snows, or if you wanted to de-ice it. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to do it for our front sidewalk out to the city sidewalk, when the time comes to do the big landscaping job I want to do for the front yard. My neighbor up north did it inside his garage, and he's stated numerous times that he really could kick himself every time it snows, for not running it out onto the main part of the driveway.

Valves and plumbing, the simplicity and cost are in the setup!

From my understanding, they did this in Colorado (Denver?) somewhere for the entire city. Get it started running before the snow, make sure the drains are running, and Bob's yer uncle!
I put in floor heat in the attached garage & to keep it at 45* when the outside temp drops below 0* and both cars are pulled in for the evening it takes more than 2x as much wood in the boiler than regular to maintain temperature. Looking back, I wouldn’t spend the $$ on infloor heat in garage.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I put inl

I put in floor heat in the attached garage & to keep it at 45* when the outside temp drops below 0* and both cars are pulled in for the evening it takes more than 2x as much wood in the boiler than regular to maintain temperature. Looking back, I wouldn’t spend the $$ on infloor heat in garage.
The first floor in our timberframe is a radiant floor (2128 sf). I love having warm feet. The outdoor boiler (Central Boiler) max output is 250k btu. It is a hungry beast. It consumes about 15 cords each Winter to keep the temp. about 72°+/- on that floor. It is a lot of work, for one guy, to put up all that wood. It has been cutting into my boating time in the Fall and getting tired of it in my old age. The water temp. I run thru the PEX is higher than than what most use, I have the mixing valve set at 120°. Like I said...I love warm feet.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s my wood eater
26F6C9B0-4402-4DC6-9BA2-917CF5DEB1E6.jpeg
It can handle a 2k sq ft house good but much more & I can’t keep enough wood in it. I run a heat exchanger in the plenum of the furnace and a sidearm exchanger on the water heater. We keep our place between 66-68 & that seems to be a good temp for letting the boiler keep up. Due to living in the middle of nowhere with no hills or tree lines to stop the wind I probably go through about the same amount of wood as you @zipper without heating the garage.
I ended up hanging a Hot Dawg in the garage and keeping the temp set at 45. 1A87F55A-492A-44BE-B651-3974ED79F15F.jpeg