• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FYI...One of the best mods I did was adding dock lights. You can see in this picture they really do light up the markers well enough I rarely use my spot light. Advise anyone to get these if you deal with seeing/finding these markers at night.

View attachment 149566
Came in the other night saw a bunch of this. Not the way it is supposed to be wrecks other peoples night vision.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Came in the other night saw a bunch of this. Not the way it is supposed to be wrecks other peoples night vision.
I would agree with this. Dock lights should only be used to dock. Otherwise you create a hazard for others. And worst, people won't be able to see your nav lights so won't know what you are doing. All you really should have on at night are the nav/anchor lights.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finished my little trailer improvement project.
The guideposts w/lights are on, tail lights were partially rewired with waterproof connectors, conspicuity tape is on.
Ready to roll on NJ Turnpike, lol.
IMG_5149.jpeg
IMG_5145.jpegIMG_5159.jpegIMG_5166.jpegIMG_5163.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice and smart. A lot of people don’t realize how important their trailer is until it fails. I can’t put a price on the piece of mind knowing my trailer is road worthy gives me.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hate those things!! As long as you are NOT driving and leaving them on the entire time. I cant tell you how many times my night vision is destroyed on the water by some clown driving with their docking lights on or shining a spot light at a vessel. When navigating a 75' to 106' boat through skinny water you cant afford to go blind for 2 minutes, although our military style night vision binocs help out when that happens. A small (palm size) flashlight is all you need to light up markers....little blips of light to confirm your course compared to the marker.
I would agree with this. Dock lights should only be used to dock. Otherwise you create a hazard for others. And worst, people won't be able to see your nav lights so won't know what you are doing. All you really should have on at night are the nav/anchor lights.
I agree with all these. These are blinding and should be treated like high beams on your car. Just trying to make a point that they're almost bright enough to be used for locating markers. As you can see from that pic there are no other boats in sight. Come to think of it, ~98% of the time I do not see other boats traveling back at night. Especially where I travel. I also live about a mile down a narrow channel and these things light it up nicely.

Thanks for all your comments!!! :thumbsup:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with all these. These are blinding and should be treated like high beams on your car. Just trying to make a point that they're almost bright enough to be used for locating markers. As you can see from that pic there are no other boats in sight. Come to think of it, ~98% of the time I do not see other boats traveling back at night. Especially where I travel. I also live about a mile down a narrow channel and these things light it up nicely.

Thanks for all your comments!!! :thumbsup:
I just didn't want others to read this and start driving around all night :0 with the lights on.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper What happens when you hit one at speed or suck one up in the jet pump because you couldn't see it in the chop?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think they are larger than the small bottles that could get sucked up. I would not want to hit one at speed. At the commission meeting overseeing this project, one jetboater voiced their concerns about this issue. All they said was...
20210512_100547.jpg lol.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think they are larger than the small bottles that could get sucked up. I would not want to hit one at speed. At the commission meeting overseeing this project, one jetboater voiced their concerns about this issue. All they said was...
View attachment 149741 lol.
They are just jealous..

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Launch Day, let the Summer begin. A few pictures of what I saw at the Shipyard this afternoon.

20210513_180447.jpg

20210513_193142.jpg

And a 19' FSH in the parking lot.

20210513_180540.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a couple of weeks with one, I got another one of those - for a second steering wheel. I just had to.
1621082789732.png

--