• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think I have ever said this to a guy...but, NICE BUSH! lol
LOL! It has turned into a tree. It's about 8ft tall right now. I have to cut it back a bit every year as it gets a little unruly. LOL! We had it in our backyard for years and it never did anything and never grew any bigger. My wife said rip it up and throw it away. I was pulling up a crappy boxwood in front of our house and figured I'd just put it there and see what happens. First year it grew really big, but didn't bare any fruit. Following year the deer/birds picked it clean even the green berries. This year it has gotten massive and gave us a ton of berries.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time seeing a new bronco in person. This one was the Big Bend edition. Owner already changed the wheels/tires and was putting a 4” lift on it.
Once these things get out there to dealerships I am strongly considering trading my Raptor in for one.
E3CDFA92-654B-4BFF-9D2D-BD98C3EBB685.jpegEACADF47-791F-43D6-AD2F-7B369CCC5A24.jpegEB7DD4F5-0236-4586-8054-F2E25C8A4C2B.jpeg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time seeing a new bronco in person. This one was the Big Bend edition. Owner already changed the wheels/tires and was putting a 4” lift on it.
Once these things get out there to dealerships I am strongly considering trading my Raptor in for one.
View attachment 158400View attachment 158401View attachment 158402
Nice. I bet those tire rub when the wheels get turned even close to the max stop.
@Murf'n'surf I think they have a turbo 4 or 6 under the hood. I've yet to see 'the Bronco' like this one on the road yet. I've seen many of the Sport models though. To me those are just a reshaped Escape.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice. I bet those tire rub when the wheels get turned even close to the max stop.
@Murf'n'surf I think they have a turbo 4 or 6 under the hood. I've yet to see 'the Bronco' like this one on the road yet. I've seen many of the Sport models though. To me those are just a reshaped Escape.
Yes. I’m sure they rub (probably why he is getting the lift) talking to a guy about it, sounds like he bought one mostly stock to build it the way he wanted.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 158400View attachment 158401View attachment 158402
I thought the tow rating on those was 3,500 lbs max. That is the only reason I wasn't looking at them. Did they change the tow rating?

Last edited:

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No. Think they are still 3500. I have another tow vehicle if needed (Cadillac Escalade) but don’t tow anymore as I live lake front. I have continued driving a truck because they are very convenient but grew up driving and building jeeps (CJ5, CJ7, 3 wranglers) but really thinking about making the jump to this eventually.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New Triton LT series aluminum trailer for our 11' Zodiac cadet alum. rib dinghy. I will need to adjust the bunks and bowstop to fit the boat. This will make it much easier to retrieve/launch the dinghy without taking the motor off. It also has ratcheting stern tie down straps

20210729_080208.jpg

20210729_081644.jpg

20200724_200041.jpg

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out on the Lake on the hook as I post. The sail over to NY earlier today. A little back wind in the main, but she wanted to start flat. Later we were on a close haul and saw 7kts S.O.G. on 11 kts wind and 20° heel that was fun.

View attachment 158254
Willow cleaning the waterline near the bow.

View attachment 158271

I use an anchor ball.
I'm only a beach trash Hobie sailor, but with your main out that far and the jib in pretty tight aren't you backwinding your main? Maybe its different on a bigger rig?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm only a beach trash Hobie sailor, but with your main out that far and the jib in pretty tight aren't you backwinding your main? Maybe its different on a bigger rig?
Yes, I said that in the post, you can see it in the mainsail. The front third of the sail back from the luff of the sail/edge against the mast. Wife was on the mainsheet and wanted to start off flat, no heel. Wind was under 15kts so I did not want to put a reef in either sail. We were on a close haul and she let the traveller and the main sheet out to stay flat to 5° heel max. She pulled them in later while we saw 7kts and 20° heel.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ZOOM ZOOM!

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I said that in the post, you can see it in the mainsail. The front third of the sail back from the luff of the sail/edge against the mast. Wife was on the mainsheet and wanted to start off flat, no heel. Wind was under 15kts so I did not want to put a reef in either sail. We were on a close haul and she let the traveller and the main sheet out to stay flat to 5° heel max. She pulled them in later while we saw 7kts and 20° heel.
Oh, yes you did say it in the post. Guess I was just drooling over the pictures and didn't actually read it. Looks so fun. I have never been on a bigger sailboat.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All good, I give sail control to my wife, she likes to get her sea legs on gradually. As long as she is smiling, I am good with her sail trim.

The Beneteau, with it's tall rig, is a fast cruiser, especially in lighter winds. My wife loves to overtake and pass other boats. I watch her adjust sail trim to increase speed and heel as we approach other vessels. She has a racing streak in her.

Last edited:

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All good, I give sail control to my wife, she likes to get her sea legs on gradually. As long as she is smiling, I am good with her sail trim.

The Beneteau, with it's tall rig, is a fast cruiser, especially in lighter winds. My wife loves to overtake and pass other boats. I watch her adjust sail trim to increase speed and heel as we approach other vessels. She has a racing streak in her.
I've been racing Hobie Cats for 30 years. Pretty hard not to push the limits. Glad she enjoys it. Bet she doesn't have "cat bites" like my wife has. The learning curve on a Hobie can be a little rough. Burying the leeward hull at 30 knots when you are out on the wire is pretty violent.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been racing Hobie Cats for 30 years. Pretty hard not to push the limits. Glad she enjoys it. Bet she doesn't have "cat bites" like my wife has. The learning curve on a Hobie can be a little rough. Burying the leeward hull at 30 knots when you are out on the wire is pretty violent.
I use to race a Hobie 16 many years ago. I miss flying a hull wearing a butt bucket hanging out on the wire. That was sailing!