• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Latest model loaded with tech, an automatic transmission and cup holders or the original/classic?

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is so f$%^ed up, is it serious???

I can not live without my bacon. Existential threat.

--
Doesn't change a rise in pricing, but learn how to make your own. It's cheaper than you'll ever find any vendor's price, you can make whatever kind you like, you can make stuff you simply will not find outside of POSSIBLY a "boutique" grocery store, and you'll know exactly what went into making your very own bacon. To boot, once you taste your very own results, you'll realize you can make better stuff than that Oscar Mayer clown. When you run out, and have to settle for "store-bought", it's all the reminder you'll need to go get yourself another pork belly and get to work!

The wife's favorite is a simple cure with Yashida's teriyaki, and smoked with cherry pellets. I've already said too much. Forget I ever brought it up! 🤣

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Latest model loaded with tech, an automatic transmission and cup holders or the original/classic?
Seems like the cup holders would be rendered useless if you're doing it right, and...an automatic? For shame, Ronnie, for shame! ;)

I can't see any OJ in either of those, are they really even a Bronco without some OJ in the back? LOL

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a VERY gracious friend gift me a drive in this Porsche 911 GT3 RS on Sunday. Had 3 laps at NCM to drive "as fast as I was comfortable". I would say I went maybe 8/10 as hard as I could, and the car was doing maybe 6/10 of what it was capable of. 150mph on the front straight, and a few corners where there was a little side push/slide action happening. Would have loved to have been able to go maybe 10-15 laps and really gotten comfortable enough to push hard. Either way, was a helluva good time, and certainly made driving the Q7 home feel like piloting a fat drunken barstool in comparison!

1627906498499.png

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We took the dingy over to Splash for lunch on the dock. The marina is in the background.

20210802_133512.jpg

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More Bacon for us, less for @Ronnie and friends. 🐷

This is so f$%^ed up, is it serious???

I can not live without my bacon. Existential threat.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got back from a 3 day Jeep Jeepers excursion at Rubicon Springs, near Lake Tahoe. The new rules have definitely not taken effect yet. We were served ham sandwiches for lunch and pork loin for dinner on day 1. Lots of bacon and pork sausage for breakfast on days 2 and 3. A lot of pigs had to be slaughtered for the 120 to150 of us.

I have watched DYI videos on making bacon, I’m sure it looks a lot easier than it is so if I want bacon bad enough I will just pay the premium price for it.
I would not be surprised if other CA bacon lovers would do the same.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a VERY gracious friend gift me a drive in this Porsche 911 GT3 RS on Sunday. Had 3 laps at NCM to drive "as fast as I was comfortable". I would say I went maybe 8/10 as hard as I could, and the car was doing maybe 6/10 of what it was capable of. 150mph on the front straight, and a few corners where there was a little side push/slide action happening. Would have loved to have been able to go maybe 10-15 laps and really gotten comfortable enough to push hard. Either way, was a helluva good time, and certainly made driving the Q7 home feel like piloting a fat drunken barstool in comparison!

View attachment 158985
We have an older base 911, still would like to take it to the track, but I can be very reckless, the wife knows that and says absolutely not! I am a little jealous….

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For comparison, my bother and I bought laps in ferraris and Lamborghini’s from exotic racing a few years ago. You have to buy a minimum of 3 laps per car unless you get a bundled package (like 3 cars). The cost per lap varies by the car, generally the more expensive the car the more expensive the lap. I think our laps in a Ferrari 456 or 488 and Lamborghini LP 4 640 (hp) AWD we’re about $100 each. This includes a 10 minute training/safety video, and a chaperone/coach that rides in the passenger seat with an electronic brake velcroed to the floor board on his side. Video from 3 or 4 cameras is an extra $50 to $70. You can check out all the cars available while you are waiting for your turn to drive. I only raise this as an alternative to using your own or a friends car. That is of you are willing to pay you don’t need to be well connected or jealous. Actually I’m jealous of you @2kwik4u and @Jimmers as I don’t have any friends with Porsches to loan me or a Porsche of my own to take to the track.

here is a video of jammie foxx at exotics racing in Las Vegas I can’t find the link to my video. Riding along in a drift car for 2 laps is available for another $50. The tracks are different lengths with Vegas having the longest track.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After lunch yesterday we went back over to the boat to retape the threads of a fitting on our black water holding tank. All went well, I did not get "wet". I looked up just in time to catch this Schooner sailing past the marina entrance. They later sailed 100' off the dock where we had just eaten lunch, giving the lookers a great photo opp. Another beautiful old boat with a modern rig.

20210802_153642.jpg
I think I have some smutch on the camera lens.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I’d say that a tight fit! :D

Our local FD just got a new ladder truck and it’s nice 👍

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spending more time at the equestrian center than boating..

Oh well....

1628039901341.jpeg

1628039957407.jpeg

--