• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Show us what you see!!!

@Ronnie I installed a Hayward Aqua Solar Panel on my old pool that had solar. It is basically a controller, three-way valve, and two thermostats.

Thermostat on roof reads roof temperature, thermostat in pool piping senses water temperature. If roof is warmer than pool, open valve. If roof is cooler than pool, close valve. I probably had $300 to $500 in it.

You can also set it up in reverse to cool your pool at night if you live in a warmer climate.

View attachment 224586This is what I saw after forgetting to turn off the solar pool heater.

I wonder if there’s an app that can help me determine how long to run the solar heater or aerator/fountain to keep the pool temperature within a specific range (e.g. 85 to 90 degrees)?

Still pickin…and grinnin.

DAA6D6D7-487D-446B-9E94-F6F0C3DEA00E.jpeg
64C3BB0B-2034-45E4-99A6-B073FF3B9F08.jpeg
0D79DCE8-6CE7-4FB7-8554-B943D506DEA5.jpeg

My wife’s coworker has an above ground pool in her backyard that has not been maintained in over two years, so the water in it is dark green, the bottom has three inches of algae on it and large bugs live and breed in it. They recently got a notice from their city’s (Manteca, CA) code compliance department that basically said, per drone video we have of your backyard your pool is out of compliance with City Code. You must either clean it up and send up proof/pics of the same OR you will be fined $1,000.

I looked for stories on Manteca’s drone surveillance and found they and surrounding cities and companies are into it big. I wonder if they use off the shelf drones from DJI such that they would have to comply with homeowner requested and approved no fly zones? I don’t have anything to hide but I know a few people who do, like a marijuana grower who has an elaborate set up in his backyard. Or guys who installed a lot more solar panels on the back of their homes than the local utility approved. IMG_6477.pngIMG_6476.png

A bit of movement in the clouds this evening!
IMG_9480.jpegIMG_9482.jpegIMG_9481.jpeg

My oldest is in Turkey for 6 weeks visiting her boyfriend’s mom. Sent me these today while they were out and about.
b97c31d1-4c6f-4845-aa58-9aa3a242424f.jpeg029bda99-73c6-4e51-b964-bf646957fb71.jpeg

A peek at the sunset.

11517520-1C7D-443D-B7ED-C3403427FCA7.jpeg

It’s about to get real..
IMG_6243.pngIMG_6242.pngIMG_6241.jpeg

Looks like her pace slowed down but grew over night. I would guess after 12:00pm we should start to see/ feel the wind.
IMG_6245.pngIMG_6246.png

Keep that thing on a leash. Don’t want it wandering over to my yard and messing things up over here.
Haha, I believe that’s a sexist remark as this one is Debby. Woman have a mind of their own and are highly unpredictable.

Looks like the worst I saw from the storm is an overflowing pool (kids always wanted an infinity edge) and a town lanai screen panel. Still windy and rainy, but I think the worst is past us now. I wonder how @Cobra Jet Steering LLC made out, I believe he is closer to the water than me.
IMG_6250.jpeg

SO, sitting at the Burger King at lunchtime and see these two gentlemen motor through. Guy in the trailer was sitting on an office chair. No idea where they came from, or where they were going. Seemed very concentrated on getting somewhere though. Seems Western New York isn't quite as far removed from Southern Indiana as I thought it might have been. Crazy people be everywhere.

1722873428959.png

This may be my replacement toy for my boat. 2017 BMW M240i, just hammering out details with the dealer. My gf thought I was little crazy to get an older BMW with basic tech, but after doing a good 20 minutes on curvy mountain roads, she understands. The car has BMW performance exhaust, chip, rims, eibach lowering springs, and some carbon stuff. I messaged the tuner to see if he has the dyno, if it has a BM3 tune then its likely 420HP. Paint needs a good polishing and ceramic coating, but owner of the dealer agrees to include it.

m240i black.PNG

IMG_0182.jpg

Another motor on the bench. The intermediate housing, shaft and pump bearings and housing destroyed so figured take out the engine to make my life easier cause customer also wants every hose clamp replaced with a stainless screw type. And of course the 4 motor mounts are completely destroyed. Was a rental ski that was beat up. He got it cheap but now doesn't make sense now that by the time he pays me it doesn't seem like such a great deal. This is an 18 vx deluxe with 800 hours

View attachment 224450View attachment 224451View attachment 224452View attachment 224453View attachment 224454
I was able to pick up a 2024 VX Cruiser for under $12K after the Raleigh Boat Show. Looks like this is going to be an expensive repair.

This may be my replacement toy for my boat. 2017 BMW M240i, just hammering out details with the dealer. My gf thought I was little crazy to get an older BMW with basic tech, but after doing a good 20 minutes on curvy mountain roads, she understands. The car has BMW performance exhaust, chip, rims, eibach lowering springs, and some carbon stuff. I messaged the tuner to see if he has the dyno, if it has a BM3 tune then its likely 420HP. Paint needs a good polishing and ceramic coating, but owner of the dealer agrees to include it.

View attachment 224871

View attachment 224872
Most definitely like the car. With all the enhancements and upgrades, does it seem like it was beat on, or maybe somebody that knew what they wanted and upgraded accordingly?

Most definitely like the car. With all the enhancements and upgrades, does it seem like it was beat on, or maybe somebody that knew what they wanted and upgraded accordingly?
I'm thinking its someone that knew what they wanted and upgraded accordingly. But I'm doing lots of investigation before I do anything. The city is small so I've been searching a lot on Instagram. I already eliminated some other options because I found them doing donuts. I did find a video of an instagram page doing review of the car and tagged the original owner, but looks like the original owner had deleted his Insta or something. I'm sure its the car because it has the same license plate, here the plate transfers to the new owner.

I was able to pick up a 2024 VX Cruiser for under $12K after the Raleigh Boat Show. Looks like this is going to be an expensive repair.
The guy spent $3700 with me, half was parts. He spent 5k on the ski, 2k for a new trailer so he is into a 800 hour machine for $10700.
So i told him that great deals on used skis are not great deals.
I dont ever buy other peoples headaches. I buy new

The guy spent $3700 with me, half was parts. He spent 5k on the ski, 2k for a new trailer so he is into a 800 hour machine for $10700.
So i told him that great deals on used skis are not great deals.
I dont ever buy other peoples headaches. I buy new
I am of the same mind. I just need to find a trailer for the new waverunner before I need to pull them off the water this fall. You know of any near you?

I am of the same mind. I just need to find a trailer for the new waverunner before I need to pull them off the water this fall. You know of any near you?
I might have a good lead on two singles. A customer is buying 2 singles skis and will be selling the single trailers to get a tandem trailers

I'm thinking its someone that knew what they wanted and upgraded accordingly. But I'm doing lots of investigation before I do anything. The city is small so I've been searching a lot on Instagram. I already eliminated some other options because I found them doing donuts. I did find a video of an instagram page doing review of the car and tagged the original owner, but looks like the original owner had deleted his Insta or something. I'm sure its the car because it has the same license plate, here the plate transfers to the new owner.

The dealer lied about the M240i. When @Thermobrett asked about the car, I decided to do another round of research and found the car at another dealer listed 2 months ago saying 3 owners. This dealer said it was 2 owner. He had omitted the page that shows owners when he sent me the mechanic's review. When I asked him about the page, he lied "they didnt send it to us", and then sent a picture of the cropped page. The car transferred owners 7 times.

So I'm going to wait. My 118i needs a strut or something (only has 19k miles..) so I will fix it and wait until my 118i sells. After a month or 2 I'll find a single owner M240i, 2021, 2020, and fly to the other city if I need to.

This really catches my attention because its original owner 5k miles. It will be like 15k on top of my car, but 100% worth it to have an original car if in the future I need to sell it BMW Serie 2 3.0 M240i F22 Coupe - $ 163.900.000

Back