• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Show us what you see!!!

The dealer lied about the M240i. When @Thermobrett asked about the car, I decided to do another round of research and found the car at another dealer listed 2 months ago saying 3 owners. This dealer said it was 2 owner. He had omitted the page that shows owners when he sent me the mechanic's review. When I asked him about the page, he lied "they didnt send it to us", and then sent a picture of the cropped page. The car transferred owners 7 times.

So I'm going to wait. My 118i needs a strut or something (only has 19k miles..) so I will fix it and wait until my 118i sells. After a month or 2 I'll find a single owner M240i, 2021, 2020, and fly to the other city if I need to.

This really catches my attention because its original owner 5k miles. It will be like 15k on top of my car, but 100% worth it to have an original car if in the future I need to sell it BMW Serie 2 3.0 M240i F22 Coupe - $ 163.900.000
Sounds like you avoided potentially buying somebody else’s problem.

This may be my replacement toy for my boat. 2017 BMW M240i, just hammering out details with the dealer. My gf thought I was little crazy to get an older BMW with basic tech, but after doing a good 20 minutes on curvy mountain roads, she understands. The car has BMW performance exhaust, chip, rims, eibach lowering springs, and some carbon stuff. I messaged the tuner to see if he has the dyno, if it has a BM3 tune then its likely 420HP. Paint needs a good polishing and ceramic coating, but owner of the dealer agrees to include it.

View attachment 224871

View attachment 224872
Make sure it comes with turn signals....most BMW's don't. Atleast from my experience.

Make sure it comes with turn signals....most BMW's don't. Atleast from my experience.

We don't use turn signals in this city and BMW owners wear BMW clothing so everybody knows. I have to take a video of driving here. There's tons of motorcycles white lining and don't use turn signals. You kind of just switch lanes slowly and hope they don't crash into you.

We don't use turn signals in this city and BMW owners wear BMW clothing so everybody knows. I have to take a video of driving here. There's tons of motorcycles white lining and don't use turn signals. You kind of just switch lanes slowly and hope they don't crash into you.
I was just passing on a common joke here in the ole USA. It's kind of common knowledge that most BMW owners don't use turn signals. I once saw a study that said the most dangerous cars to walk in front of in a pedestrian cross walk were BMW's because the owners typically fail to yield the most. I think it has something to do with entitlement?

I was just passing on a common joke here in the ole USA. It's kind of common knowledge that most BMW owners don't use turn signals. I once saw a study that said the most dangerous cars to walk in front of in a pedestrian cross walk were BMW's because the owners typically fail to yield the most. I think it has something to do with entitlement?
I don't use mine unless I need the car next to me to speed up. That's how it works around here.

I don't use mine unless I need the car next to me to speed up. That's how it works around here.
I’m afraid the bulb will burn out, so I don’t use mine. Learned that trick from my grandfather 😂

Yeah i know what you're saying. I've heard it a lot and my curiosity got me. The Real Reason Why BMW Drivers Don’t Use Turn Signals

I think I understand what they're saying. My 2022 turn signal operation seemed very normal to me. But the 2017 that I test drove was a bit weird on the turn signal, but I quickly figured it out. And knowing how the majority of people function, they probably think "this turn signal is weird, im not going to use it" lol

Been through a hundred storms down here and Debby was thick and wet......more so than any other tropical storm that I have been in. Looks like we are in for a pond filler of a season!

Been through a hundred storms down here and Debby was thick and wet......more so than any other tropical storm that I have been in. Looks like we are in for a pond filler of a season!
I was able to shut the sprinklers off for the last two weeks thanks to all this rain. Was going to fertilize last weekend and glad I didn’t, I would need a Billy goat to keep it manageable. Finally had a break in the weather today to see the flooding on my way home, the people who live in the low lying parts of the Alafia River sure got flooded out. We even had a couple catfish in our parking lot at work yesterday who last their way in the drains.

Sunset pic from one of the Blink camera’s viewed from home last night.

468C176F-48E0-4877-BAF4-6B4E3AAF8629.jpeg

The dealer lied about the M240i. When @Thermobrett asked about the car, I decided to do another round of research and found the car at another dealer listed 2 months ago saying 3 owners. This dealer said it was 2 owner. He had omitted the page that shows owners when he sent me the mechanic's review. When I asked him about the page, he lied "they didnt send it to us", and then sent a picture of the cropped page. The car transferred owners 7 times.

So I'm going to wait. My 118i needs a strut or something (only has 19k miles..) so I will fix it and wait until my 118i sells. After a month or 2 I'll find a single owner M240i, 2021, 2020, and fly to the other city if I need to.

This really catches my attention because its original owner 5k miles. It will be like 15k on top of my car, but 100% worth it to have an original car if in the future I need to sell it BMW Serie 2 3.0 M240i F22 Coupe - $ 163.900.000
You sold a 242, a newer bmw and a pickup and you’re looking for fast cars that someone else put together and beat up for $10k? I don’t get it.

Blown out/cracked water jacket on a MR1 HO. I think it happened because the ski was stored with the nose down and it froze. These engines self drain but, the lower hose that would drain is near the rear of the engine. So is angled too far down in the front a substantial amount of water can be trapped where this crack is.
Guy found a complete engine with exhaust to the air cleaner for 1500 bucks. Not a bad price. The second picture is the replacement and you can see where the lower hose drains
20240804_124651.jpg20240805_140658.jpg

Design #2. 3 more pool guys to go. Getting 5 bids. This one 16’ x 37’
Nice! If you have the fire pit, will it be plumbed in with gas?

Nice! If you have the fire pit, will it be plumbed in with gas?
No. I'm a straight real wood burning kinda guy. Probably burn a cord to a cord and a half a year, which for North TX is alot, for @zipper it's about 2 weeks worth!

Looks great! You need some fire features.

www.firebydesign.com
The waterfall bowls can be fire/water bowls, but we chose not to. It's around $28/foot tor run gas lines and we'd rather put that money to use in some other fashion. I can't believe how expensive lights are now. To get the top of the line pool lights that dim and change color is around $10,000 for this pool.

Back