• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Show us what you see!!!

The waterfall bowls can be fire/water bowls, but we chose not to. It's around $28/foot tor run gas lines and we'd rather put that money to use in some other fashion. I can't believe how expensive lights are now. To get the top of the line pool lights that dim and change color is around $10,000 for this pool.
Yup.....pools are like yachts in terms of overpriced goods. Pentair products are the industry leader but they are absolute junk. I have no clue how they make any money after they replace all of those warranty items.

That gas line price is a little spendy, can't blame you for skipping that.

No. I'm a straight real wood burning kinda guy. Probably burn a cord to a cord and a half a year, which for North TX is alot, for @zipper it's about 2 weeks worth!
I was fortunate when we bought our house the previous people had a gas line added for a grill and one ran to the fire pit. I do like the smell of burning wood, but with my lanai cage, the embers would burn the screens in no time. I now twist a key and spark it with a lighter and, abracadabra you have fire and on demand s'mores.

Yup.....pools are like yachts in terms of overpriced goods. Pentair products are the industry leader but they are absolute junk. I have no clue how they make any money after they replace all of those warranty items.

That gas line price is a little spendy, can't blame you for skipping that.
In the last two years, I have replaced my chlorinator from Pentair to Hayward, and my heater from Pentair to Hayward. Even the pool stores that sell both say Pentair is the "best", but for the best warranty, customer service and part availability, Hayward is the way to go.

Debby blowing thru this afternoon. One recorded gust to 53 mph. Put 6" of water in the pool.

Our lake is up a foot in the last 24 hours. Helped one neighbor pull the decking off their dock (3' wooden sections) so nothing floats away. If we rise another foot, a lot of folks will have to pull boats out of the water and some might need to pull their docks out too. The gates upriver and downriver are out of our control, so sometimes we get impacted pretty severely between communities that don't coordinate their decisions on flow through the gates. Several of the Finger Lakes empty into the Seneca River, which feeds our lake on its way to Lake Ontario. Their surface area is WAY more than ours, so when they release a few inches, we can get a foot.

We'll see how this event goes over the next 48 hours.

1723245467755.jpeg

First trip out this year
Line of showers this afternoon lowered the temp to 92 and made the lake very calm
IMG_5217.jpeg

Wasn’t quite prepared for the trip and forgot to get the trailer guides back on the boat
She was a little nervous trying to load it but got it on the first try

IMG_5221.jpeg

Here is what I saw at a rock climbing facility (a guy who sold me a box anchor suggest we meet here to do the deal). At first I was shocked by the cost of carbiners and climbing line but in retrospect it’s not the type of gear I would want to go cheap/econo/low budget on. IMG_6571.jpegIMG_6569.jpegIMG_6570.jpegIMG_6564.jpegIMG_6562.jpeg

Not bad for a homeowner.. helps when you own commercial equipment 😉. Should keep the HOA away for a few months.
IMG_6294.jpeg
IMG_6295.jpeg
IMG_6296.jpeg
IMG_6297.jpeg

Going to try and get the ski to my buddies lake house to have the boat and ski there. So need to get the trailer checked over. Replaced the bunks, checked the bearings/seals, reset the preload, fixed some lights that weren't working, and replaced the tires.
20240813_164428.jpg20240813_164438.jpg20240813_215154.jpg

Back