• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Maia enjoying the cockpit and sunset.

97B8BDC9-DD50-46BD-AC8D-959EAE380A2D.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to dig this out of the pile, a transducer from a 2017 AR 240. Edit: it was cut out of where it was installed at the rear of the hull, notice the thickness there. IMG_6821.jpegIMG_6823.jpeg

Last edited:
Windy today, out of the NW.

1019151B-38B3-4C90-B96F-4D2E6917E415.jpeg

7E8DEBAE-7C57-4E8C-A6FD-75268548479C.jpeg

Last edited:
This is what I saw after putting this cover on and trailering with it about 60 miles. At first I only saw a small tear from the front and thought, “I can patch that.”
IMG_6842.jpegIMG_6841.jpeg
I salvaged what I could off of it, am using the front half for storage and I tossed the rest in the trash.
IMG_6845.jpeg

IMG_6844.jpeg
IMG_6846.jpeg
IMG_6848.jpeg

At anchor on the New York side of the Lake at Historic Valcour Island. Valcour is where Benedict Arnold held off the British Navy during the Revolutionary War in 1776. His compensation for that battle went unpaid because he lost ships from the newly formed US Navy and he turned traitor. The birth place of the US Navy is Whitehall NY, at the Southern tip of the Lake Valcour Island
Cheers!!

8E02E9D7-C207-4764-A0E4-A044A321ED3C.jpeg

8324281E-42F4-4664-9B56-6147B7F3DDA9.jpeg

D8AEFE64-156B-476B-AEE2-E219472005E8.jpeg

66F17BA0-A91F-4AB4-A0EC-79CB1816A297.jpeg
75EBD9F0-A51B-4CCA-8F76-29BFB838667D.jpeg

Last edited:
Anchor lights of others tonight.

9FF583C6-C998-4AF3-87D1-89F3355ED854.jpeg

New addition to my shop, made a custom x and y axis trolly system with a 1400lb winch.
It has 5 square feet of travel. Came up with this for jetboat engines mostly because cant use my lift arms for boats
20240912_154705.jpg20240912_154657.jpg

New addition to my shop, made a custom x and y axis trolly system with a 1400lb winch.
It has 5 square feet of travel. Came up with this for jetboat engines mostly because cant use my lift arms for boats
View attachment 226468View attachment 226469
This strikes me as a safety hazard, so I feel compelled to comment. If you have properly engineered the system then please disregard and carry on.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but this looks like basic P1000 Unistrut or equivalent. If that is true, then you have created a system where the 1,400 lb winch capacity can significantly overload the Unistrut support. I'd be happy to elaborate if you have questions.

Source: Professional Engineer in the design of overhead cranes and hoists.

This strikes me as a safety hazard, so I feel compelled to comment. If you have properly engineered the system then please disregard and carry on.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but this looks like basic P1000 Unistrut or equivalent. If that is true, then you have created a system where the 1,400 lb winch capacity can significantly overload the Unistrut support. I'd be happy to elaborate if you have questions.

Source: Professional Engineer in the design of overhead cranes and hoists.
The max weight this winch will be lifting is under 300 lbs. The average jetski engine without the intake and exhaust is 150lbs so add an aluminum exhaust and intake and it might be 200. So Mister Engineer i know the load capacity of every piece of hardware used to build this. I dont do anything without proper research. You obviously dont know who i am and my qualifications.
And no i do not need any advice from a person like you

The max weight this winch will be lifting is under 300 lbs. The average jetski engine without the intake and exhaust is 150lbs so add an aluminum exhaust and intake and it might be 200. So Mister Engineer i know the load capacity of every piece of hardware used to build this. I dont do anything without proper research. You obviously dont know who i am and my qualifications.
And no i do not need any advice from a person like you
Are you sure about the weight of the engine? I think the 1.8L engine I’ve got on a dolly downstairs weighs a lot more than 150 lbs but wouldn’t have any issue trying to lift it with your rig given the other feedback I’d be hesitant to use that rig to lift a ski to move it from a dolly to a trailer or vise versa. As I recall, the current fx and gp Waverunners weight between 800 and 900 lbs dry.

@YamaHOO did not deserve such a snarky response. He clearly stated that he is only chiming in because he thinks there maybe a safety issue.

Last edited:
Are you sure about the weight of the engine? I think the 1.8L engine I’ve got on a dolly downstairs weighs a lot more than 150 lbs but wouldn’t have any issue trying to lift it with your rig but given the other feedback I’d be hesitant to use that rig to lift a ski to move it from a dolly to a trailer or vise versa.

@YamaHOO did not deserve such a snarky response. He clearly stated that he is only chiming in because he thinks there maybe a safety issue.
Once again i did not say i was lifting a ski off a trailer or dolly. I have a 10klb lift for that. Yes a stripped 1.8 engine without the exhaust and intake is aprox 150lbs. So yes with everything on them is still under 300lbs.
And i have the weight limit for every part used. You obviously didn't read what i stated in my response to him.
And yes my reply was "snarky", because thats how i get when someone questions my intelligence. He could have messaged me privately if he had a concern with my setup. Not try to make himself look smarter than me

Last edited:
Back