• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Nice lift, How are the lights for working under?

Nice lift, How are the lights for working under?
Thanks, the lights are awsome, very bright. Had to turn them off to take the pictures. If you look at them when on you will see spots for a while. Very efficient and bright

Once again i did not say i was lifting a ski off a trailer or dolly. I have a 10klb lift for that. Yes a stripped 1.8 engine without the exhaust and intake is aprox 150lbs. So yes with everything on them is still under 300lbs.
And i have the weight limit for every part used. You obviously didn't read what i stated in my response to him.
And yes my reply was "snarky", because thats how i get when someone questions my intelligence. He could have messaged me privately if he had a concern with my setup. Not try to make himself look smarter than me
Wow, man did you take his post out of context. That dude was just trying to help you and make sure you didn't get hurt. I never took his post as trying to belittle you or make you feel stupid only trying to offer a safety concern. You need to calm the F down bro. Road Rage much???

Once again i did not say i was lifting a ski off a trailer or dolly. I have a 10klb lift for that. Yes a stripped 1.8 engine without the exhaust and intake is aprox 150lbs. So yes with everything on them is still under 300lbs.
And i have the weight limit for every part used. You obviously didn't read what i stated in my response to him.
And yes my reply was "snarky", because thats how i get when someone questions my intelligence. He could have messaged me privately if he had a concern with my setup. Not try to make himself look smarter than me
I did read what you stated and didn’t mean to imply that you were going to lift a ski. I only mentioned that to give context for what a ski weighs and how why I’d be hesitant to left one with your rig. You read a lot more into YamaHoo’s response than I did.

I only know you through this forum as retired, very skilled and owns a lot of real and personal property. I’m adding jerk to the list and I am being polite.

IMG_6478.jpeg

Sooooo…. I’m standing in my shop, main door open working off the tail gate of my truck when motion catches my eye. I look down and this big ass spider is running past my left foot, like FAST. Holy F‘ing Shit! I grabbed a broom and gave it a whack. This thing was just shy of my open hand in size. Turns out it is a female wolf spider, and apparently they eat the bad spiders, so from now on unless it’s in my house I won’t be whacking them. I was told I was lucky she didn’t have babies as they ride on her back and will run in all directions when the mother gets whacked. I kept feeling like something was crawling on me for hours afterwards…

33BADDEA-0CF0-4437-BBD2-8D0CCD3ADD22.jpeg

One of the things I was doing when the freaking spider ran by was dealing with my compass being loose again. I had replaced the thin oem gasket with another one from Ritchie but it didn’t last long. I had just dumped the lake Oahe water out of my raw water strainer, looked at the gasket, and thought hmmm that’s about the right size, so I went to my spares box where I have a packet of spare gaskets and Wa La! It fit over the compass body just right. So far seems to be working out great!

58CF567A-F37E-4307-BA1A-ED45E3851978.jpeg

I’ve read in the past where people have not been happy with these compasses in that they don’t point the right way and are not adjustable. The main problem is where it is mounted, right next to the starboard tach, in my case the compass moves almost 10° when I turn on the ignition switch for the starboard engine and the tachometer gets energized, and while trolling on calm waters with engines running I watch the tach swing back and forth by 15-20°. So the tach is throwing off a fluctuating EMF (electromagnetic field) while the engines are running and a static EMF while the ignition is on. Want to see a compass go crazy? Put your induction charge capable cell phone near the compass. While cruising the compass seems more stable but it’s hard to tell.

Sooooo…. I’m standing in my shop, main door open working off the tail gate of my truck when motion catches my eye. I look down and this big ass spider is running past my left foot, like FAST. Holy F‘ing Shit! I grabbed a broom and gave it a whack. This thing was just shy of my open hand in size. Turns out it is a female wolf spider, and apparently they eat the bad spiders, so from now on unless it’s in my house I won’t be whacking them. I was told I was lucky she didn’t have babies as they ride on her back and will run in all directions when the mother gets whacked. I kept feeling like something was crawling on me for hours afterwards…

View attachment 226521
First wolf spider I ever saw was about the size of a small poodle, on a support beam a few feet from my head watching me eat breakfast. Every extender on the central vac hose was used, to evict him from my home while maintaining maximum safe distance. It was him or us.

View attachment 226521
That’s a huge one. We get them here but not that big.
This little guy was hiding in my kids bike wheel a couple weeks ago.
1726356680311.jpeg

Got my CG Auxiliary vessel examiner certification today.
FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpegIMG_2118.jpegIMG_6474.jpeg

Another beautiful day to be out on the water.

6F02AE09-FCA2-4F53-8CA4-47E33E109444.jpeg
33143ADA-08C6-489D-B506-1C9691794827.jpeg

Bought a pressure washer and it’s got milky oil in the pump. (Seems like this forum is the perfect place for another milky oil post) Tore it down and found a piston broke. Going to get a new piston kit and reseal the pump.IMG_1760.jpegIMG_1764.jpegIMG_1765.jpeg

I got the windshield tinted with 35 and I ordered a active exhaust from a 2018+ mustang. Took it on some mountain roads and had some fun. Starting to get the itch to get a k brace, strut tower brace, bigger sway bars, and brembo brakes to take it to the track here. But I got a set back last night ... the water pump blew! Idk if the previous owner knew, or it's just bad luck. A lot of people are saying they are common. 25k miles but the previous owner had the car parked for some time. Either way, I got a $1000 bill coming with new tires, maintenance, water pump, etc. I'm not too bothered because I feel I paid a good price.

IMG_0956.jpg

More boat camping…leaving an anchorage yesterday in Willsboro Bay, NY.

A3A9621C-F6FB-4121-A174-65836275431E.jpeg

This in use RR bridge/trestle in famous for its waterfall, but it has been welcomely dry lately, meh.

32EE05A6-6C89-40B9-BED4-2EABF3BFFA8D.jpeg

Pay no attention to the flake of the mainsail, lol, need a lazy jack!

Last edited:
More boat camping…leaving an anchorage yesterday in Willsboro Bay, NY.

View attachment 226643

This in use RR bridge/trestle in famous for its waterfall, but it has been welcomely dry lately, meh.

View attachment 226644

Pay no attention to the flake of the mainsail, lol, need a lazy jack!
Looks like the Cat is getting her miles in now!

Looks like the Cat is getting her miles in now!

Timing of farm work, refit workload and weather have kept our outings to daysails, until recently. We do spend a lot of time on the boat though.

Last edited:
Back