• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

Wanted to be on the water before sunrise but the north ramp tarmac was being chip sealed, went over to the south ramp.

IMG_6366.jpeg

Late lunch
IMG_6369.jpeg

And just to book end the day, here’s the sunset.
IMG_6370.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the boat out yesterday. Launched into the Buffalo Outer Harbor, then went NE up the Niagara River. Stopped and played between the tip of Grand Island and "Pirates Island" where there seemed to be a lot of others just anchored and hanging out.

View attachment 225730

Went back between the islands there on the left. Went through about 2-3ft of water. I've never boated in grass beds like this before. Total surreal feeling to see vegetation like this while underway.

View attachment 225731
Much of the area I boat in looks like that. After a while, you don't even consider it, and just try to remember not to reverse if at all possible.

Well the cucumbers are growing. Time for fermented dill/garlic pickles.

6DF20A31-FB23-4CDD-8770-CBC19498621D.jpeg
D57DBCA0-02F2-4691-9A17-2150853BF6D6.jpeg

Bought the dill and garlic.

F9D1544D-9A19-48C8-A066-9D0C64D4285F.jpeg

3.5 tablespoons salt to 1 quart water.

B2F07817-B8E1-4CDF-941B-2186335A2931.jpeg

Let you know in 10 days.

Last edited:
Break-in service complete and the dealer detailed the boat and added a ceramic coating. When I pulled the boat out of the lake most of the water drops were gone and it made wiping it down easier I think. First time I’ve had a ceramic coating. Sure looks clean!

IMG_5801.jpegIMG_5791.jpegIMG_5814.jpeg

Sold my car! (1st pic) I went to look at a 2017 M240i, the car was very clean and original but the owner is being stubborn about the price. $30,500 for a 7 year old car. No thanks! Maybe they think I'm a foreigner and they can get a lot of money out of me. I was a mechanic for 8 years of my life and have bought and sold MANY things. If I had to guess, I've sold $400k+ in vehicles and toys soooo it's funny when people think they can fool me.

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-31 at 18.01.45_981dee81.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Dropped a green underwater led light in the lake. We watched the bait fish ball grow and some good sized fish started breaking the surface. Will try to get some video on a better camera next time.

CF14F1BF-B14E-4848-8797-04A93F032D66.jpeg

Last edited:
So I've been looking at M240i's since april 2023. A shift happened yesterday when I saw this 2017 Mustang GT Premium listed. It has 25k miles and is fully loaded. It is immaculate, but there is some corrosion on the hood, under the paint by the edges. The price is right. I paid for a full mechanic's review and even the mechanic was impressed. I'm going in some hours to sign some documents, and first order of business is removing that silly hellcat sticker. I couldn't speak directly with the owner, but I met his worker. I imagine that sticker was some kind of joke.. idk..

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-02 at 10.22.23_fc1ad919.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-09-02 at 10.22.22_b6de6682.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-09-02 at 10.22.18_1b698f69.jpg

This was one of those weekends that reminds you what your working for

What a great trip with my daughters to Freeport, tx

1day fishing bastrop bayou down to San Louis pass
1 day fishing the inter coastal and San Bernard river

IMG_5450.jpeg

IMG_5462.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

And finally the big boy
33.5” I had to use my special tag for him
The drag was screaming, he made 4 or 5 strong runs, one that even made the guide nervous

IMG_8983.jpeg

Total keepers for the trips
9 trout
15 reds
5 black drum
1 mangrove snapper
We got skunked on flounder but only tried 2 spots for about an hour

Truly priceless

IMG_5485.jpegIMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_5318.jpeg

@Betik
@Beachbummer

A few things I saw recently in my neighborhood.

I’m not a big fan of tower speakers but these looked good and more useful than the standard cans. IMG_6715.jpegIMG_6713.jpegIMG_6712.jpeg
Here is a cool pontoon that caught my eye. IMG_6711.jpeg
Ever see a mile of trailers lined up side by side?
IMG_6804.jpeg
Now you have.
The first trailer in the pic is a beast, three axles with two spares, bow ladder, f2 winch, led lights and very long. IMG_6806.jpegIMG_6807.jpeg
Finally the sunrise this morning at around 7 and the someone about to wakeboard or wake surf at sunrise. The only boat on the water and the water is like glass. IMG_6814.jpegIMG_6816.jpeg

Amazing! Worst one was the Yammie!! LOL. In a Ram!!!

so, it's a busload of people with the sole intent to humiliate others? What a bunch of a-holes.

The jet ski trailer guy almost backed into a few of them, and they didn't move. Not sure what the plan was if someone in the group was accidentally injured. I put this in the same category as the absolute douche canoes that were recording themselves running into their "buddies" with their golf carts when they're about to hit the ball. Not the smartest thing to do, and I gots no sympathy for anyone that gets hurt in the process.

so, it's a busload of people with the sole intent to humiliate others? What a bunch of a-holes.
You must drive a Dodge Ram....

I think most of it was funny but also that the ribbing should have been more limited and concluded each situation with an offer or offers to help.

Back