• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us what you see!!!

First time I've ever seen a "your post is too long, please shorten it message"......and I've typed some doosies here before. Just this thread maybe?

1724672949860.png <--never seen that before.

Anywho, 13yr old photo bombed me before I could tell him to get back in the boat.

1724672971618.png

Be on the lookout for a thread to talk about if I need to learn to drive my boat better, or if I just need a bigger/better boat. The strong current and pounding rough water took a toll on us for certain.

IMG_1745.jpg
1000, and people starting to show up
IMG_1743.jpg
1030, just before the bands started
IMG_1744.jpg
the floating barge for the bands
IMG_1741.jpg
As everything started!
Great event! went off well, thankful for all that showed up. Thank you for all the support!

@2kwik4u

Yea, that grass is crazy isn't it? I went through a big ol'patch of sea grass at the JetSet this year at Black's Island and it totally clogged every inch of my intakes. Clean out plugs did nothing. Had to get out and grab it from underneath to clear it all out. Nasty stuff for a JetBoat. Hope you did better than me LOL

@2kwik4u

Yea, that grass is crazy isn't it? I went through a big ol'patch of sea grass at the JetSet this year at Black's Island and it totally clogged every inch of my intakes. Clean out plugs did nothing. Had to get out and grab it from underneath to clear it all out. Nasty stuff for a JetBoat. Hope you did better than me LOL
We went through it at ~5mph or so. Was really pretty much a non-issue. Had some cavitation to get on plane, but once up there was able to put down as much power as I had. At the ramp we had some "hangers" on the intake grate, but those ripped off easy enough.

Got a doozy today, guy brings me this 2020 seadoo gtx230. Said he was riding and it felt like he sucked up a bag and it stalled.. wouldn't restart unless he held throttle wide open but stalled when he let off.
It sounded like the pump was destroyed when i got it to run. Pulled the plugs found cylinder 3 had this
20240826_102244.jpg20240826_102718.jpg

Took of the intake and saw this
20240826_123220.jpg
One of the intake valves was missing 1/4 of it
Dont know what would cause it but the engine is junk. Apparently this ski has been around to a few shops since he bought it.

OUCH!

I don't understand. What would cause a valve to break like that? Looks like it cracked.

I don't understand. What would cause a valve to break like that? Looks like it cracked.
I know, i have seen a stem break and the whole head break off but not this ever

View of the current volcanic eruption from our hotel room in Keflavik Iceland. Of course it has died down by the time we returned to this part of the island. Still not your everyday view from a hotel!

Attachments

• IMG-20240826-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240826-WA0002.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 12
Never seen one of these Solar Plants in person before. Taken in I-15 just around the CA/NV border.

View attachment 225265
That’s Ivanpah or something like that, if memory serves it was funded by google. The original type of design was over in Cool Water by Barstow. Probably one of the most viable solar generation plants out there. There are those that aren’t happy with it because it uses natural gas to get it up and running and to keep it running overnight, but the natural gas makes it a reliable power source that isn’t affected by intermittency. There’s another plant like it in Germany.

Just drove past the eruption again and it more visible this morning:
Looks like you are enjoying Iceland!

We went for four days last year (May), on an Icelandair stopover, and had a great time. Once you get outside Reykjavik, you really appreciate how sparsely populated the island is. I would love to go back someday, rent a camper for two weeks, and drive the entire ring road around the island.

Jim

Just drove past the eruption again and it more visible this morning:
Have you caught a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis yet?

First time I've ever seen a "your post is too long, please shorten it message"......and I've typed some doosies here before. Just this thread maybe?

View attachment 225732 <--never seen that before.

Anywho, 13yr old photo bombed me before I could tell him to get back in the boat.

View attachment 225733

Be on the lookout for a thread to talk about if I need to learn to drive my boat better, or if I just need a bigger/better boat. The strong current and pounding rough water took a toll on us for certain.
Sorry about the error message....it was likely reset by the upgrade we did. I have fixed it.

IMG_1533.JPG
Not the best drone photo, but we ended up having 367 boats at the concert, not including jet skis and manual powered water craft! Turned out to be a great concert event. This was taken 30 minutes before the concert was started. I will post more as we go through all the video and images collected

Is it a RDYC requirement that the poooon-toons out number the v hulls??

Is it a RDYC requirement that the poooon-toons out number the v hulls??
No...lol, not a huge lake 13 miles long so most of the people have the toons... this event is open to all in the area and from afar. Its put on to raise money for the area, charities, tourism and an end of summer bash just before school starts. Jetboats are taking over though. It started with just my brother and I and we have a solid 30-40 on the lake now. Slowly converting people.

Last edited:
Back