• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Boston convention center! Thought I recognized it but couldn't pinpoint it.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Waters in Mallets Bay are navigable again. The ice was pushed out today with the help of a stiff NW wind and stacked up on the SE shore to the right. The work boat at the Marina is first in the Water.

Screenshot_20190416-145751_Chrome.jpg

The glare off what's left of the ice in the lower left tonight. Its all water now.

20190416_193411.jpg

Last edited:

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Liftr that's a huge swarm. Too bad it got away. All my bees left me a while ago. I haven't gotten around to getting more yet.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a bee keeper but s good friend of mine is and they produce honey. Won some local awards.

Often times a queen will wonder when she feels threatened. Sometimes the hive will produce another and other times they will fly off and die.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a bee keeper but s good friend of mine is and they produce honey. Won some local awards.

Often times a queen will wonder when she feels threatened. Sometimes the hive will produce another and other times they will fly off and die.
I figured being in pest control you'd at least know someone who knows someone's cousin.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I knew this was a risk. I had 2 Healthy hives survive the winter. Today/tomorrow I was planning to do a split.
I’ve been gone for work all this last week. I get home today, and go check on them. I see that cluster in a cedar tree, 50’ away, and 10’ up. I run back to the garage, get the ladder, and a Nuc trap, and get my veil on. As I’m approaching the tree, a gust of wind shakes them loose, and I watch them fly off!
Heartbreaking.
I have several capped Queen cells in that hive ready to hatch. They should recover, but it sets me back on honey production.
I went ahead and split the other hive.
Then, I spent 2 hours walking through all my neighbors backyards, looking for my runaways!

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you on the swarm call list? I get calls but usually for hives established in walls and such.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Fascinating how the bee culture/colony works and survive. But, am I the only one, bees freak me out. Just talking about gives me the wibi-jibes. Lots of respect for you all that deal with bees. @Liftr how do you walk thru yards looking for runaways??? Just curious (and amazed).

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Dean P , while the bees are swarming away, they will land on a tree limb to rest for a while.
I just walked the neighborhood, looking for a cluster of bees. A normal swarm is the size of 2 footballs, or a boat fender.
So they stick out pretty good, when you know what to look for.
I have a “trap” box. I put some old honey comb frames in it, and try to drop/place the swarm in it, and bring them back home to place in a new hive.
A swarm of bees is worth about $150, here in Ky.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dean P , while the bees are swarming away, they will land on a tree limb to rest for a while.
I just walked the neighborhood, looking for a cluster of bees. A normal swarm is the size of 2 footballs, or a boat fender.
So they stick out pretty good, when you know what to look for.
I have a “trap” box. I put some old honey comb frames in it, and try to drop/place the swarm in it, and bring them back home to place in a new hive.
A swarm of bees is worth about $150, here in Ky.
:eek: No idea that was even possible. When you don't know, you don't know. I don't know anything about what you do. But, like I said, I find it fascinating. Good luck in capturing and bring your little buddies home. :)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just after our 3 hour orientation and pickup today. Gas in the truck and heading home.
AD0240C8-AB5E-4BD2-888B-D236C537DB93.jpeg

Smiling faces wanted to check it out after we got it home.

3E4A9A6E-B69B-44B1-BFDB-4F2534F3941B.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if I say meet me at the Orange Yamaha at the marina, Do you think you will be able to find us.;)

20190419_080337.jpg

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last night. The Randy Roger's Band.20190419_221642.jpg20190419_233340.jpg
Awesome concert! Played for almost 2 hours. Fourth time we've seen him and the closest we've been to the stage. They're our favorite band!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I do have rules about "No Hi-Heels on the boats" but I might make an exception for these. What do you think, Orange goes well with the boat and Hi-Vis in case they come off in the water, but black is more universal and goes with more occasions that we might find around the Marina and black also goes well with the boat. ;)

20190422_063959.jpg

20190422_075713.jpg

The story here... High Tide Heels

Last edited: