• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My grandfathers house today. He has an airstrip in his backyard. From a young age i remember flying in my pawpaw’s planes. He had Cessnas, Pipers,etc. He was teaching me how to fly when I was a kid but lost interest. I would give anything to go back to those days and take it more serious. He’s in his 80’s now, but still loves airplanes.

View attachment 116346View attachment 116348
I have a very similar experience. My cousin and I both took lessons as a kid, paid for by grandpa. I solo’d on my 16th birthday. Then got busy with football and other things and let it fall to the wayside. My cousin, thankfully, kept up with it and still flies today, recreationally(30 yrs later).

Grandpa passed a couple years ago, and the last 5 yrs prior he couldn’t pass his medical. My cousin took him up every chance they got to let him fly a bit.

Miss those days. Today, Matt is still into planes - flying his own and flipping them. And, I’m in to boats and camping. So, we’re both keeping up with all grandpas hobby’s. 😀

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Had a close call coming home on the tollway today. My dash cam captured what caused my heart to skip a beat.
Looks like Jane Addams at Higgins. Oddly enough that same spot a few years back a deer went through a lady’s windshield doing the exact same thing.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a close call coming home on the tollway today. My dash cam captured what caused my heart to skip a beat.
Bruh!? That deer was FLYING! Did it just leap off the overpass above or get launched?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200420_201851.jpg

Daughter got some initiative and hooked the battery up for todays trip, unfortunately she forgot red cable to red post and got them backwards,
Luckily i knew exactly what to look for and two minutes later we were firing up the engines (have to buy two new spares) it was a good cheap lesson, blew the fuse in each ecu

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My grandfathers house today. He has an airstrip in his backyard. From a young age i remember flying in my pawpaw’s planes. He had Cessnas, Pipers,etc. He was teaching me how to fly when I was a kid but lost interest. I would give anything to go back to those days and take it more serious. He’s in his 80’s now, but still loves airplanes.

Matt, have you ever considered paramotoring. I have been watching youtube's (Tucker Gott) and really want to get into that sport.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 116457

Daughter got some initiative and hooked the battery up for todays trip, unfortunately she forgot red cable to red post and got them backwards,
Luckily i knew exactly what to look for and two minutes later we were firing up the engines (have to buy two new spares) it was a good cheap lesson, blew the fuse in each ecu
That must have scared the crap out of her! Sparks?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Views from this past weekend 4/19/20
Great shots! We just brought home our 8 week old Berner and it was good to see that there is the possibility that she might go in the water. How do you get the dogs back into the boat? Do you have one of the dog mats/steps? Nice looking boat as well

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New boating companion - She likes the shade of the boat so it will be interesting to see what happens when we get out on the water. I want to bring her on the boat while it is in our yard but she would eat the seats. Her name is Daisy but in the morning she becomes "Devil". Great to have a dog again since it has been 3 1/2 years....

IMG_2816.jpgIMG_2812.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Covid-19 must really have that deer depressed for it to commit suicide off the overpass like that!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Great shots! We just brought home our 8 week old Berner and it was good to see that there is the possibility that she might go in the water. How do you get the dogs back into the boat? Do you have one of the dog mats/steps? Nice looking boat as well
Congrats on the new Berner. They are absolutely a wonderful (big, heavy, clumsy, playful, gentle, hungry, thirsty, selfish, excited, hairy, funny, gorgeous, loving) dog. We truly enjoy/love ours and the other 7 dogs we have. Phineus (ours name) wakes us up every morning with a paw and nose in the face. He now weighs 110 lbs and towers over all the others. When he stands on his back legs, our noses touch. But, he is so gentle and careful of the pugs, Amazing/hilarious to watch them play.

That day in the photo we only brought 3 with us. Is this your first dog? Is this your first Bernese Mountain Dog? What's her name?

Phineus jumps off the boat into the water. When he wants back on, he puts his paws on the swim platform and I pick him up from behind. I need to make him/them a ramp that'll hook onto the back. This'll help a lot. Our other dogs are short haired where Phineus is not. Do you know how many gallons of water their fur holds? Correct answer: A lot!

When we first brought him to the sandbar he was scared. He didn't know what is was. He was the last one in (after the 7 others) but quickly got acclimated. Funny as heck watching him keep up with the others. He loves the water now which is great here in Florida. We hose him down for walks to keep him cool. We've had a lot of good dogs but he tops the list. You're gonna LOVE yours.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That must have scared the crap out of her! Sparks?
none, we get a couple normal small sparks when you first attach the cable, she said that was all she saw,

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new Berner. They are absolutely a wonderful (big, heavy, clumsy, playful, gentle, hungry, thirsty, selfish, excited, hairy, funny, gorgeous, loving) dog. We truly enjoy/love ours and the other 7 dogs we have. Phineus (ours name) wakes us up every morning with a paw and nose in the face. He now weighs 110 lbs and towers over all the others. When he stands on his back legs, our noses touch. But, he is so gentle and careful of the pugs, Amazing/hilarious to watch them play.

That day in the photo we only brought 3 with us. Is this your first dog? Is this your first Bernese Mountain Dog? What's her name?

Phineus jumps off the boat into the water. When he wants back on, he puts his paws on the swim platform and I pick him up from behind. I need to make him/them a ramp that'll hook onto the back. This'll help a lot. Our other dogs are short haired where Phineus is not. Do you know how many gallons of water their fur holds? Correct answer: A lot!

When we first brought him to the sandbar he was scared. He didn't know what is was. He was the last one in (after the 7 others) but quickly got acclimated. Funny as heck watching him keep up with the others. He loves the water now which is great here in Florida. We hose him down for walks to keep him cool. We've had a lot of good dogs but he tops the list. You're gonna LOVE yours.
Our 2nd Bernese and you nailed it in your description of them. Really great dogs but not known for water so it will take work. I can't believe you have 7 dogs.... You do have the life with Florida, the dogs, the Chap, etc. Cheers

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I misplaced one of the four bolts that holds the engine head covers in place so I bought four new bolts instead of just one. Can anyone guess what these cost including sales tax and shipping/handling (they were deliver in a semi padded envelope by the way)? 9E7175E1-F4C5-445A-99CF-CF54B03A1130.jpeg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A quick update on the folding dock steps. I Re-Tooled. I could not make a decent acceptable mortise with the fixed base router.

20200422_062043.jpg

We went to Lowes and bought a Dewalt combo fixed/plunger base router. What a difference the right tool makes.

20200421_150839.jpg

Once I readjusted the jig to the new router, I was making quality mortises one after another.

20200421_154152.jpg

The difference is obvious. And I was trying everything I could to make the old router work, but it was in vain. I was just ruining good pieces of Black Cherry.

20200421_154246.jpg

Still more sanding, squaring, clamping and epoxy/finishing, but my first frame is thrown together.

20200421_190353.jpg

A lot more to do, but now I am seing acceptable results.

20200422_063850.jpg

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Matt, have you ever considered paramotoring. I have been watching youtube's (Tucker Gott) and really want to get into that sport.
No will have to take a look at that

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see the folding dock box/steps coming together. The 2 clamps are the only foreign objects holding it all together. I can measure and order the piano hinges now. The step is next.

20200422_153014.jpg

20200422_174339.jpg

20200422_153221.jpg

If I took the clamps off it would fall into pieces.

Edit: Added the step frame.

20200423_130815.jpg

20200423_131541.jpg

Last edited:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Getting ready to paint the trailer brake calipers to match those on my tow vehicle. This is what I see.
I just did the same but included a full tear down, media blast of the exterior and overhaul with new rubber, pins, clips and pads. I was a little frustrated the new banjo fittings and crush washers leaked when I installed the brake lines. Make sure there is NO paint where the banjo contacts if you remove them. After fiddling and bleeding them to the point of no leaks, the brake fluid stripped the new paint in the “drip zone”. Oh well...only I will ever know.