• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a close call coming home on the tollway today. My dash cam captured what caused my heart to skip a beat.
Holy shit man! That is news worthy footage!!!! How did it get launched that high??? Is it an optical illusion or did it get hit???

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The result of me being out of practice pulling the boat out of its storage spot.
73F2CE3D-1C7B-42CC-BAA0-D7A731C7FEAD.jpeg
Didn’t use up enough space on one side .
2FC65126-0A17-4601-90C8-EDF5C27E7466.jpeg
Worked out like this on the other side.
EDC7FFEB-26FC-45F2-AD20-0E46E4B1797C.jpeg
I cleared without rubbing anything but only by millimeters or a millimeter.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did up some cardboard templates to plan my trim-tab install. One "extended" actuator and one "retracted" actuator.

Attaching them with blue painters tape will get me close. Requires fewer hands than trying to hold the real things in place while I'm assessing the location.

1587647698516.png

This is either a clever idea or being locked in my house for a month has pushed me completely over the edge. I'm leaning toward the latter.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
please make sure you install the metal ones! Rona is driving us all crazy!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did up some cardboard templates to plan my trim-tab install. One "extended" actuator and one "retracted" actuator.

Attaching them with blue painters tape will get me close. Requires fewer hands than trying to hold the real things in place while I'm assessing the location.

View attachment 116634

This is either a clever idea or being locked in my house for a month has pushed me completely over the edge. I'm leaning toward the latter.
That is most definitely the way to go.
I did that, too, and used a helper to position everything on the transom. It’s very tricky with Yamaha curves there.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At America’s Tire. One expensive upgrade completed. Goodyear endurance tires with 2,200 lbs. load rating and rims/wheels to match, including a spare. $1,400ish.
looks good! what rims are those?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just did the same but included a full tear down, media blast of the exterior and overhaul with new rubber, pins, clips and pads. I was a little frustrated the new banjo fittings and crush washers leaked when I installed the brake lines. Make sure there is NO paint where the banjo contacts if you remove them. After fiddling and bleeding them to the point of no leaks, the brake fluid stripped the new paint in the “drip zone”. Oh well...only I will ever know.
No disassembly for me. The brakes were just installed a few months ago so it didn’t take much to clean them, I just covered what i didn’t want painted with plastic and tape and took a can of spray paint to the brakes.
B7633E47-1778-456C-AD64-27768DD8B84E.jpeg

MNJets

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm guessing there aren't a lot of Oil and Gas folks in this group. Thanks for keeping the "k" out of frac (fracturing the rock). I manage the completions operations of a natural gas company working in the Marcellus (WV) and we have 3 frac fleets operating daily. We're pumping about 6,000 tons of sand each day - most of it is 100 Mesh. I'm guessing some of our sand comes from your area in Indiana. A person gets a pretty good idea of the demand when a single dryer can handle 100 tons per hour. This is a challenging time for our industry and we'll do what we can to keep pumping your product.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Holy shit man! That is news worthy footage!!!! How did it get launched that high??? Is it an optical illusion or did it get hit???
@Julian You probably have travelled that road many times. I was heading west on 90 when the deer jumped off the Rt 72 overpass. I simply do not have an explanation for why we did not make contact. It was scary and has been a reminder that life is fragile.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm guessing there aren't a lot of Oil and Gas folks in this group. Thanks for keeping the "k" out of frac (fracturing the rock). I manage the completions operations of a natural gas company working in the Marcellus (WV) and we have 3 frac fleets operating daily. We're pumping about 6,000 tons of sand each day - most of it is 100 Mesh. I'm guessing some of our sand comes from your area in Indiana. A person gets a pretty good idea of the demand when a single dryer can handle 100 tons per hour. This is a challenging time for our industry and we'll do what we can to keep pumping your product.
I do a lot of electrical engineering for companies in the Marcellus, my company does electrical, mechanical and civil work for various O&G companies.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm gonna cross post here, but this is the only pic I want from my shitshow of a day today

Brake job on the car turned into a rotor and caliper replacement on one side only, with the other side to be done next Wednesday, had to sledge the caliper off the rotor, the wife jacked my air hose reel up, requiring replacement...unwound with cocktails at the neighbors, and now it's time for a smokey treat and some Scotch that is now gone.

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Gordito and a 375ml from the Grangestone flight, Sherry Cask finished. FML and loving it all at the same time. Where's the smiley for that?

IMG_20200423_230205664.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
looks good! what rims are those?
They are Sendel brand model T-08. I bought them from Recstuff via amazon. Most of the trailer rims I found online were Sendel brand and places like America’s tire, big o tires, etrailer carry them. America’s tire didn’t carry this model so I had to buy them online. The cost break down is 550 for the rims ($110 each) and $860 for the tires (about $120 each but the new lug nuts including locking nuts, metal stems, extended warranty, mounting, balancing, etc. add up quick, the only fees I avoided were the disposal fees because I took my old stuff home with me). I will try to sell the old tires and rims on Craigslist, probably $100 for all five. Not much but better than nothing and way better than payi;g to get rid of them.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mywhite1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wonderful late afternoon.

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No disassembly for me. The brakes were just installed a few months ago so it didn’t take much to clean them, I just covered what i didn’t want painted with plastic and tape and took a can of spray paint to the brakes.
View attachment 116652
Make sure the pads are not painted/stuck in place and can slide freely on the caliper. Just want you to have functional trailer brakes when you need them.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zipper , thanks. I don’t know if the pads are free to slide on the calipers but I’m sure the brakes are working because I forgot to put the surge brake lockout out key (aka D key) in place before I backed it into place at the tire shop and both wheels on the brake axle locked up. You got me thinking that I need to check them again , just in case, since the biggest justification for this upgrade is additional safety and reliability of the trailer.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Added a detail that I put in my design to "lock" the folding step open. A simple rabbet on the folding side frame will lock into the mortise on the front toe kick so they do not move.

20200424_214107.jpg

One clamp keeping it upright. I tried freestanding, but it fell to the ground.
The first step is done.

20200425_083510.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added a detail that I put in my design to "lock" the folding step open. A simple rabbet on the folding side frame will lock into the mortise on the front toe kick so they do not move.

View attachment 116791

One clamp keeping it upright. I tried freestanding, but it fell to the ground.
The first step is done.

View attachment 116792
Nice progress!