• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a 2017 VX limited with 38 hours on it for sale at my local dealership for $18K out the door with trailer. It’s also the only PWC they currently have in stock. They were about to show it to someone who called while I was there, so it may already be gone. For comparison new ones go for between $15k and $16k OTD excluding the trailer.
18k wow what a market. People must be desperate to waste money

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wife had FOMO. So she bought another camera. Normal views of bow and stern now.

20210604_071549.jpg

I see sunshine at home at 1200' in elevation @ 7am this morning. But down on the Lake, 96' in elevation, it is foggy.

20210604_071237.jpg

That is a very nice Cutwater directly off the bow.

20210604_071314.jpg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here in Ct - we have bears, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, snakes all over the place. I had a big black bear on my deck once. No matter how often I see him, not something I’m comfortable with. I keep fireworks around year round. An occasional big rocket tends to fend them off. Have a pic somewhere of a bear swimming on our lake heading from 1 island to another. I gotta find it.
Still rather deal with them, than run into a Gator, or a large snake.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Drive by / fly over all the time but have yet to make it out there with my boat. One of these days I will take a trip over via the ICW.
Make sure it's high tide and you won't be disappointed. Of course, we've talked about taking the ICW over to Shell Island for years 😁

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At the boat for dinner and the sunset last night. We hear live music from a few places along the waterfront. Good to hear.
No wind last night and a lot of boats out on the Lake just drifting.
20210604_202840.jpg

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love these shots. We're driving down with the boat next Friday. Be first time boating in salt water, and our first visit to the Destin area. Got a condo on the beach in Navarre.
Let us know if you need any local recommendations or tips, I live in Navarre, and spend a lot of time on the ICW/Crab Island!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us know if you need any local recommendations or tips, I live in Navarre, and spend a lot of time on the ICW/Crab Island!
Thanks man. I have a whole thread going somewhere.

Big things I'm worrying about now is how/when to flush away the salt, and where we can watch the Blue Angels Practice from the water. I'm told they'll be doing flight maneuvers on the 14th and 15th while we're there. Any thoughts?

We're gonna do Crab Island one day for certain. Might venture into the gulf just to say we did. No real reason to go out there though.

Any good snorkeling places we can only get to by boat?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love these shots. We're driving down with the boat next Friday. Be first time boating in salt water, and our first visit to the Destin area. Got a condo on the beach in Navarre.
You're coming at a great time👍 But make sure to get out to Crab Island early on the weekends and pick your spot. Also, if you wanna see some sharks, you will not be disappointed. We've got a ton hanging out by the west jetties. That's going out into the Gulf. Hang a quick right and start looking. You'll see plenty of dolphins too.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man. I have a whole thread going somewhere.

Big things I'm worrying about now is how/when to flush away the salt, and where we can watch the Blue Angels Practice from the water. I'm told they'll be doing flight maneuvers on the 14th and 15th while we're there. Any thoughts?

We're gonna do Crab Island one day for certain. Might venture into the gulf just to say we did. No real reason to go out there though.

Any good snorkeling places we can only get to by boat?
Salt Away is your friend, you can buy the kit online with small spray/mixer attachment, just follow the instructions. Your boat should have came with a little hose attachment so you can flush water/salt away through the engines. I usually start each engine and run it for a minute with salt away solution, then flush with just water for a couple extra minutes. I don’t think the Navarre ramp has a hose, if your condo has a faucet bring your own hose and wash there.

The Blues post their practice schedule online if you google it, they practice over NAS Pensacola. It’s a little bit of drive on the boat, but you can take the ICW West and anchor up by Ft Pickens and watch. Just keep a eye on the weather, Pensacola Bay can get rough when the weather kicks up, and it takes a bit to get back to Navarre.

There is also Hurlburt field 8 miles East of Navarre right on the sound, and there are some neat little islands you can beach the boat and swim at. If you go during the week there is some military air traffic that can be fun to watch. Elgin AFB is just north of Crab Island on the bay, if you going during the week there is quite a bit landing/departing fighter traffic right over crab island.

Crab Island during the week is much less busy and a little more family friendly, but that being said I bring my kids out there all the time on the weekend and never had any issues. I recommend two fluke anchors, the currents and winds can swing the boat around if you aren’t tied down securely.

If you go out the Destin Pass there are some beach areas on the east side with some rock jetties/break waters, there is some great snorkeling right there. You can get to that by boat or car. There is also a artificial reef off Navarre beach, but getting to by boat is a pain as there is no way out to the open water unless you go all the way down to Destin or Pensacola. If you have kayaks or paddle boards that the easiest way to get out there.

Couple of my favorite Navarre eats, Windjammers on the Navarre pier, NY Pizza depo for authentic NY pizza, Ye Old Brothers Brewery (super kid friendly) for craft pizzas and bbq, Scooters Fish House, TCs Front Porch (turns into a bar scene after 9pm ish) The Twist has some great ice cream, and the Snow Cone place by the bridge.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Taking the horses from the barn to pasture this morning before heading out on the boat. They were not interested in a selphie with all the grass around.

20210604_101943.jpg

20210605_095443.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are the results of some retail therapy that my Wife and I experienced yesterday. The scooter is hers and the to towables mine (i bought the little one for my son but I’m sure I will get a lot of entertainment pulling he or his friends around in it).

A8997D58-C7F2-4E15-AC44-B2A25193D18F.pngEB0E46E7-2692-4987-8329-81BA586935F7.jpeg