• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Site owners/moderator

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am curious if you have looked into getting the site available through tapatalk. I use that app a lot on a few other forums I am on and it really makes navigation, picture posting and notification easy for smartphones and iPad type devices. Just curious if you have looked into it or not. I do not think it costs the forum owner anything but it does cost for the app (not much). It makes adding photos very fast and easy which seems to plague some on this forum I have seen. I included a link for you to check out. Please look into this and let us know if you add it.

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

Thanks for a great forum!

I know there was mention of it back when I joined up at the unofficial launch. I've never used it, but I have seen that it's pretty stinking easy for me to add photo's and stuff on this site compared to most other one's I've been on, especially on the phone.

This topic has came up many times. ..lol

We have discussed it a few times and came to realize that this software is extremely friendly on the mobile platforms. I'm not a tapatalk user but heard the only useful feature to gain by using tapatalk is that all if your boards would be in one place for easy access. Please post up your views on the benefits.

Not sure if the software being used rt now can get any easier...but im sure there is always something "better" at some point

Uhm... there's an RSS feed even for the site and subtopics of the site. I use feedly and sub those. works great. That said, I like the web version more anyway, so I go there from my ipad and desktop mostly.

I know there was mention of it back when I joined up at the unofficial launch. I've never used it, but I have seen that it's pretty stinking easy for me to add photo's and stuff on this site compared to most other one's I've been on, especially on the phone.
Well said. As has been said many times, don't fixed wut ain't broken.
Best Wishes to all, on this GREAT Holiday weekend,
Mikey Lulejian - Waitin' on my GEORGIA DAWGS to take the field and tromp all over those Clemson Tigers, 35 miles north of me !
+            I AMERICAN BY BIRTH No. 2 !!!!!!.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-06-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-06-00.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-06-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-20-06-14.png
    312 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So my issue is to post a picture, it looks like I have to upload to a host like photo bucket, then copy and paste the url here. That is a PITA and I hate photo bucket. With Tapatalk, you just click the photo icon, it opens your photo library from your iPad or smart phone device, select the pic and done. Tapatalk also supports many engines and I believe the mderator can set up so if you dont have it and do not want it the pop ups go away.

So my issue is to post a picture, it looks like I have to upload to a host like photo bucket, then copy and paste the url here. That is a PITA and I hate photo bucket. With Tapatalk, you just click the photo icon, it opens your photo library from your iPad or smart phone device, select the pic and done. Tapatalk also supports many engines and I believe the mderator can set up so if you dont have it and do not want it the pop ups go away.

To post a pic here it is identical....click upload a file, select it and done. If you are on a PC, you can drag and drop multiple into the text area and voila. Couldn't be easier.

To post a pic here it is identical....click upload a file, select it and done. If you are on a PC, you can drag and drop multiple into the text area and voila. Couldn't be easier.
So how do you do it with an iPad or iPhone without having to host? I have moved away from all things PC when MS decided to drop the bomb with Windows 8 and have upgraded to all mac products... another discussion but it is like going from a Yugo to a Mercedes... no looking back.

Never mind on the request, just found the more options button then the upload file. Works nice. Is there a way to post the photo to the message without it being a thumbnail?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
So how do you do it with an iPad or iPhone without having to host? I have moved away from all things PC when MS decided to drop the bomb with Windows 8 and have upgraded to all mac products... another discussion but it is like going from a Yugo to a Mercedes... no looking back.

Never mind on the request, just found the more options button then the upload file. Works nice. Is there a way to post the photo to the message without it being a thumbnail?

Not by default (that is something I need to go look to see if we can change), but all you need to do is click on the "Insert as full image button, or at the top of all the images, the "Insert all images as full" button.

It is all pretty simple on here regardless of hardware used...but eliminating the thumbnail option might be a good idea because it seems to confuse many. Also, having to go through "more options" isn't intuitive and that is required from some hardware positions following an original upload. But overall, this format is vastly better than most IMO.

I will say this mobile site is by far the best mobile forum site I have used. It definitely addresses most of the issues that makes tapatalk a neccisty. That said if it wasn't too much trouble and did not cost the site anything I don't see any reason not to make it available on tapatalk. For those of us who enjoy participating in several different forums for all of our hobbies tapatalk is great becuase it consolidates all of those forums in one place. Making them easier to keep up with and more likely to participate in.

If there are no cons then I am not sure why you wouldn't want to make it available in both formats.

Happy Labor Day!!!!

Back