• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Skipper Buds tie-up on Okauchee Lake, SE Wisconsin, Sunday July 20

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone going?

I keep getting emails about it. Unfortunately I'm on call for work this weekend so no boat for me. Is this different than the usual big tie up on Okauchee? I remember that one each year when I used to live out there on that lake.

we have skipper buds by us in Fox Lake and Winthrop Harbor but never heard of that lake. Where is it at?

It's about 40 min west of Milwaukee, a bit north of I-94 (just north of WI-16, near Oconomowoc)

We spent the day up on the Wolf River yesterday, so we'll likely be staying in. If we go out, it will be for some quick wakeboard runs on Nag.

@RiverRat

I assume it's the same one. This was our first. Pig roast and DJ behind the island-in the party cove on the east side.

We had a good time. We put in at the Golden Mast restaurant. Had some minor ramp follies with a couple of presumably inebriated guys trying to pull out an old pair of skis. Else, all good. I will throw a photo or two up later, phone not handy at the moment.

Bumped into a guy I had seen in passing on Nag, but never talked to. He has an '11 or '12 242 LS.
He has lurked at and learned from YJB, but never signed up.

I encouraged him to stop by jetboaters.net and say hello.
Nice guy. Upgraded to Yammie from SeaRays. :winkingthumbsup"

If you are reading this, hello! Join in the conversation.

Ok, here's a photo. This was still early in the day, many more later. Good turnout for this area.image.jpg

I was out there today, but I was building a deck near the other island!

Back