• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Skunk in my grill

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpeg We've been having tons of rain in Dallas. Yesterday I had taken the puppy outside and was sitting in my chair about 2' from the grill. Wasn't paying much attention(because I was on Jetboaters) out of the corner of my eye I see a fat bushy black and white tail scurry under the grill. My puppy is black and white so it startled me. Then my brain kicked in and realized it was a skunk. Spent the next hour trying to provoke it to come out. Brooms, wood under the grill, making lots of noise, finally rigged up the hose to dump water in that region. All I got was a little peek at her front feet and face.

Now after a good nights sleep I'm planning my attack. More to come.

She's held up in the left side. While all the island is hollow inside, she seems to be hunkered down in the left side only. Placed a lightweight 2x3 in her exit path so I have an indicator if she comes out.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
it didnt spray you or your patio.....you are lucky!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how much poking I would be doing to a skunk, you're a brave man.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could come up with a way to smoke it out...

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can lure it out with either peanut butter or bacon. Make a trail away form the grill then block his way back in while he's out.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cat or dog food in water. Makes it smell more. Put it out 10' away at night night. Skunk will come out to eat. You'll see this from your window and st that point, sneak around the house and rapidly place something in the way of the crack.

You don't want to piss off that skunk inside your grill! Everything you cook for the next 3 years will taste like.....well.....ya know.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Markk
Like Murfn'surf said you don't want to upset the skunk unless you need an excuse to buy a new grill, heck I just looked again at your photo you would be buying a new outdoor kitchen. I would leave the door open an hope it leaves on it own. I would also pray it is not a pregnant female and went in there to have her babies. [flag]

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpeg We took our ground back. Waited for her to leave then moved in with the pressure washer. Also built a cedar blockade/trim piece to block her access in the future.

She had been in there for at least a week. She had a restroom full of poop at one end and a mock best at other.
image.jpeg