• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slalom Skiing

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I haven't even picked up my 2015 242 limited s yet but I have questions about tow points. I've never had a boat with a tower so I'm not sure if I should use it for skiing, tubing, slalom skiing, kneeboarding, etc... Anyone have experience with any or all and can tell me the best tow points.... Tower or transom hooks?

Thanks for any advice!!!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat @The Budnick's. Sounds like you've got a fun summer ahead of you.

I know that a lot more knowledgeable people than me will help give you some information but I think with skiing, the tower would be just fine. With tubing, you would want to use the hook on the transom. The transom might also be a good place when knee boarding but I'm really not sure. Please await better information. lol!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum.
We tube, surf and wakeboard off the tower. Skiing and slalom off the tow hook.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum.
X2

Probably don't want to full on insane tube off the tower I would guess. Lots of momentum potential, but my girls are more the cruising tuber types.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most towers say not to pull tubes from them, but plenty of members here do. Probably ok with smaller tubes, but perhaps not with some of the monster tubes loaded down with lots of riders.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am finding this topic very interesting considering I thought it would be an all in agreement type of answer. Not the case. Unlike others, I wake board and ski off the tower and tube off the tow hook. I do not own a knee board. I have done as many as 3 skiers off the tower at one time.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We kneeboard, wakeboard, and surf off the tower. Tube from the tow hook.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We kneeboard, wakeboard, and surf off the tower. Tube from the tow hook.
This, but we also ski from either tow point...if we are towing multiple skiers then we will use both tow points.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum.
Yep, we do it that way. I also use the tower for flying the Manta !

Manta.JPG

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well so far I have surfed, pulled a wakeboard and ski off the tower, tube is off the transom. My buddy is excellent at kneeboarding and he likes to be towed off the tower but he does a lot of aero acrobatics. I think personally the tower helps to get people up quicker, it seems that way for me, I know I come up faster on the tower.