• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Slide the City

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday, Sat Jun 6th, Cindy (aka the wife) and I did Slide the City, http://www.slidethecity.com/ in Fort Mill, SC because that was the closest city that we would be in town for.

We had a very good time, getting the VIP package which allowed us to slide 1 hour before the majority of the crowd showed up was well worth it, VIP also allows sliding 1 hour after the crowds which we didn't do. At noon when the remaining riders were allowed on the slip'n'slide the lines got very long. In the first 1 hour it took us about 20 minutes from starting a slide to sliding again. Once the crowds arrived the time went to 45 minutes from slide to slide. We left a little after 3 pm and the crowds started to get smaller, so if I had to do it again I would have gone at 3 pm and slide until 6 pm.

@waterboy in Fort Mill they did it in a good location, away from the major city areas and next to a high school which provided plenty of parking.

Things we learned
  • Wear shoes that stay on your feet, no flip flops
  • Cameras are a pain to use while sliding, at least for me
  • The only thing that you should have with you while sliding is your car keys
  • Bring lots of patients, you will need it. @jcyamaharider was right it got very crowded
  • Being some of the first people down it not all that fun, it take awhile for the slide to get slick enough to be fun
Overall we had a great time and would definitely do it again.

Waiting to be one of the first people down.
DSCF1086.JPG

The wife starting off
DSCF1101.JPG

The wife cruising down the slide
DSCF1110.JPG

The crowds building around noon
DSCF1105.JPG

Looks like fun! We have been wanting to go to one of these also. Thanks for the tips.

That's looks like a blast though. Awesome feedback, Thanks for sharing!

Awesome @andy07sx230ho ! This came thru raleigh a couple weeks ago. Saw it in the news as they were packing it up. Dang!

that looks like a lot of fun. I have never heard of such an event here in CA. If I want to ride a tube like that I have to go to a permanent water park we do not have any that travel as far as I know .

Six flags lets you buy VIP passes called the flash pass. They come on different levels at different costs but the platinum pass allows you to avoid 90% or more of the wait on line time on the most popular rides all day. Now that I've tried it could never go without it.

It was in Raleigh recently and one of my staff went. He also bought the VIP pass and was thankful he did. The line reached over an hour for quite a while! He enjoyed himself but wasn't sure he'd do it again - he went down 3 or 4 times. When I reminded him I'd offered him to go tubing on the boat, and he could have tubed til his arms fell off....he realized that would be more fun....

We had ours in Fort Worth, TX yesterday too, I bought the morning package but unfortunately the morning wave was cancelled due to faulty pumps and generators, apparently their local supplier gave them broken equipment and they couldn't get parts on time. Is a shame because Slide the City partnered with the local brewery "Panther" and they had a really good festival going on but people were so frustrated for the cancellation that people started to leave the whole event. We were told that we will get refund 100% and we should start seen the money bank to our cards in 1-5 days.
I cant wait to experience it, I hope they can bring it back next year and do something special to try to make it up for those (like me) who couldn't experienced.

We had ours in Fort Worth, TX yesterday too, I bought the morning package but unfortunately the morning wave was cancelled due to faulty pumps and generators, apparently their local supplier gave them broken equipment and they couldn't get parts on time. Is a shame because Slide the City partnered with the local brewery "Panther" and they had a really good festival going on but people were so frustrated for the cancellation that people started to leave the whole event. We were told that we will get refund 100% and we should start seen the money bank to our cards in 1-5 days.
I cant wait to experience it, I hope they can bring it back next year and do something special to try to make it up for those (like me) who couldn't experienced.
Sorry to hear about the issues at the Fort Worth slide the city. At the Fort Mill event Sunbelt rentals supplied the equipment and there was a backup generator and pump on site.

Back