• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So Sad...it's a rental!

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So we went over to the state park marina here at table rock lake. They recently got Yamaha jet boats as their wake boarding boat offering for renters. I always look out for the rental boats because the drivers don't often know what they are doing with the 5 minute crash course. We all know it takes more than 5 minutes to learn to drive our boats!

I was sad to see red AR240's which look like my boat...In fact every time they mistake me for a renter until they see me dock the boat or the speakers and racks. These boats are soooooo beat up!! I don't think the pictures will do it justice but if you zoom in you might be able to see how beat up they are.20140702_174849.jpg 20140702_174915.jpg

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Especially if they don't have thrust vectors or cobras. I know it took me a bit of getting used to. Sheesh

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, I'm surprised they use those as rentals as well. Only kind of boat I've rented were pontoons and they are all bashed up. I see rental pontoons out here around PCB all the time, last weekend there was one that was beached sideways, of course the tide was going down. The next time I saw it it had one pontoon completely out of the water!

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think most rental stuff gets beat up not matter what it is. But it must be fun for a first time driver with no knowledge of a jet boat to try docking. Wait, that's why the boats are all beat up. Its stop when you hit the dock.:)

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have Yamaha rentals on Key West right at the west end of Duval. Boats looked good but they were up on jet ports.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can't blame people for buying these boats for rental fleets. They are extremely cheap to finance and bring a Big Bang for their buck.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suspect all rentals are ridden like rented mules most of the time so it's not surprise how beat up they are. (I DO understand that it's hard to see your baby's twin brother trashed like that though.)

I wonder - is it easier to get used to a jet if you've never driven a boat before and don't know what to expect?

I was fin-less the first few years but I've been driving boats since I was old enough to see over the console (while sitting on a throw-able) so I have no idea what a "neewbie" experience would be like.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I wonder ... Is it easier to learn to drive a jet boat if it's a freakin rental??! Ahahaha...

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, it's awesome Yamaha boats are being rented. Maybe we could start a map of where the rentals are and get business participation. A couple years ago I took a trip to the middle keys for a week and one day trailered to Key West for half a day. I'd really consider renting even before that.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
we are heading to Table Rock tomorrow and we usually stop by State Park marina so I will definitely have to check those rentals out.
Where are you all staying at?

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
See how much they'd part with one ;) if it's a deal I might snag one

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Worst part is...these are going to end up on the sales block eventually. These wouldn't be a boat many of us would look at. Even is surface conditions are improved or repaired, I would be fearful of buying a rental yamaha. It would have to be a really good "deal" @Randall Knapp , and I don't know if any price would make it a good deal. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" they say. But they also say, "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later." And they also say, "you pay for what you get". So be careful when purchasing, these things will end up in some boat yard for sale in the future. Great to rent, but at the end of their rental life, the value of one of these is WAY LESS than a comparable non rental Yamaha...IMO.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sounds like it might make a go mobile parts dept for your boat....lol

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd sure hate to have a slip anywhere near those rentals. I'll bet that all the other boats near by have a few dings on them that would line up perfectly with those on the rentals. The dreaded unanticipated low speed spins would be fun to watch (from a safe distance of course).

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can see why they chose them for rental boats. At the same time, I can't understand why they chose them for rental boats!

nucleuscracker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having worked at a Car Rental place while in College, I'm not surprised at all. Rentals are rentals and I imagine the owner barely services it unless it breaks down.