• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD - 2005 AR230 and Aluminium Trailer. PCB, FL

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This has been a great boat but sadly it must go. My daughter is going away to school and her plans blew the budget. All toys must go!

Has thrust vector XLs installed last year. Has a fresh water shower system installed but it needs a new hose/switch. I'll try and get those corrected.

Jetboat pilot Tru-Locks and have never had a plug blowout.

It needs a clean-up of the gelcoat, it's red so it has some oxidation. It will be cleaned and polished up when it comes off the slip. Paid up through June. If it's bought before that, I'll pay for a professional gelcoat detail before the buyer takes it.

Approx 300 hours.

Oil analysis reports on both engines last oil change attached.

Two new Optima Blue Top batteries installed recently. Has a battery isolation switch 1/2/Both/Off.

Bilge pump changed to a Rule Mate water sensing pump.

Hand held marine VHF Radio included.

Stainless scupper installed.

Fusion Marine Stereo with IPod Dock installed.

4 new Polk Audio DB651 speakers ready to be installed (I will install them)

Comes with a Hi Tech Marine aluminum trailer built in 2010 and sized for this boat. Trailer has upgraded Kodiak stainless calipers/rotors and stainless backed pads on both axles (at a cost of ~1600.00) and is in great shape. Comes with 2 spare tires.

The boat is currently sitting on a covered lifted slip in Panama City Beach. I welcome test rides.

In the 5 years we have had it, the only issue has been the replacement of one steering cable, one shift cable and the rebuild of both impeller units/bearings last summer. The thermostats were replaced in 2006 just as a precaution.

Kneeboard, 2 tubes, tow ropes, , pump, lots of life jackets all included.

Includes Yamaha snap in cockpit cover (bow area cover has had a rip repaired) and the Yamaha Mooring Cover.

Boat has never seen Ethanol Gas since I've had it...Always put in Ethanol Free and Seafoam regularly.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. So many memories, it's been a great ride. Hate to see it go but it's a necessary sacrifice at this time. We'll be back.

I have the title in hand so the transfer will be simple.

Asking below low retail and including a lot of things not factored into the price. 18,500.00

IMG_0938.jpg 2.jpg 05 AR230 - PandS oil analysis 06-28-14_Page_1.jpg 05 AR230 - PandS oil analysis 06-28-14_Page_2.jpg nada value 4-2015.JPG

Last edited:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a sharp boat @Big Shasta ... would make someone a happy person for sure!! Good luck!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's a sharp boat @Big Shasta ... would make someone a happy person for sure!! Good luck!!
Thanks. Those pictures are a little old but with a professional cleanup it will look just like this again. It's just hard with it being on the slip to get good overall pictures right now.

I'll take any picture an interested party wants to see.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The things we do for our children, you're a good dad!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hate to see it go!.....Good Luck:winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a steal at $18,500, especially with the aluminum trailer!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is a steal at $18,500, especially with the aluminum trailer!
Changing the brakes to all stainless steel Kodiak calipers/pads/rotors cost me an extra 1600.00. I did that about 18 months ago.

I don't like playing the haggle game so I tend to put up a good price up front. We'll see. It'll be a great boat for someone just like it has been for us.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want to sell the trailer separately I will be headed by your house in early July.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you want to sell the trailer separately I will be headed by your house in early July.
I'm not apposed to making a local deal with someone who doesn't want the trailer. It could end up for sale individually. Lots of lifted slips here.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
WHAT???!!! No! You can't sell it! You never made it to Crab Island! ***clears throat*** NOBODY BUY THIS BOAT! IT WAS SALVAGED AFTER BEING SUNK AFTER HURRICANE IVAN!!!! ORIGINAL ENGINES!!!!

Okay, okay, I can't tell a lie. I was kidding. Good luck @Big Shasta . Hope you get another one soon.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang. Fo' real huh?
Good luck!
If I wasn't headed to TX soon, I'd be all over your trailer.

I'm the same way when I sell stuff, I hate haggling, I price it for what I want/think it's worth.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta 's daughter.... You better take advantage of this awesome opportunity you have been afforded! Good luck on the sale.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah, it's for real...Sigh

@ToddW850 I'm not ruling out crab island. It could be for sale for a little while. We'll see.

MaximusJK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Big Shasta, I know this is an old thread, but any chance you are still selling the boat or did you sell it already?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Big Shasta, I know this is an old thread, but any chance you are still selling the boat or did you sell it already?
Still available. I was waiting until I got it off the lifted slip in a couple weeks to market it hard. I wanted to clean it up and I have some new things to install.

Any chance you're local?

I'll PM you my phone number if you think you want to take a look at it or talk about it.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
99.9% sure it's sold.....He says 100% but I don't count that last .1 until the title is passed.

Had a great time on a test ride today with a great young man and his friends. He seemed impressed with the boat and I tried to be a thorough as possible...he passed the info on to his Dad and all seemed to be good to go. It's a sad day but it looks like it will be going to a great family that will have a blast with it. Time for someone else to make the memories we did in it.

I'm going to get it cleaned up and the he'll come pick it up from Central Florida in a couple weeks.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle