• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sportsstuff Booster Ball

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anybody on the forum have experience with one of these? I have a Poparazzi tube and the front sinks on the kids sometimes and I am thinking this may help.

Thanks!
Tim

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tim,

At the risk of starting yet another debate, I find that towing tubes from the tower keeps the front from nose diving. I also don't get too rowdy with transverse Gs around corners either. I know several guys use them and say they work great, but it looks like a bit of a hassle to me.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They do work, but one addition thing to air up and deflate. And then manage during the day. It keeps the rope out of the water fairly well, but I am sure that the tower does a much better job of that, if you don't overload the tower or over stress it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have one, works great. Great solution for the tower-free crowd.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the replies! The reviews look pretty good on it and it seems like it may even cut down on spray. I think I'll look for a good deal and try it.

Mel - I agree with you on the one more thing to manage. 6 kids from 1.5 to 16, wife, huge tube, and a blow up ball...gets crazy!

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have one and it works well, but I only use it when towing the super Mable. Anything smaller than a three person tube, gets towed from the tower and it's not a problem.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They do work, but one addition thing to air up and deflate. And then manage during the day. It keeps the rope out of the water fairly well, but I am sure that the tower does a much better job of that, if you don't overload the tower or over stress it.
I own one. Pre-Yamaha, I got "roped" (I know ... It's a bad pun .... LOL !) into buying one. I was using it originally when towing a Big Mable with 1 of my fast, and reliable, and FUN SeaDoo's.
At first, it "appears" to do a good job. But then it's EXACTLY like Mel talked about, above.
It's 1 MORE thing to inflate, and be responsible for. Also, it "eats up" a fair amount of room on-board if you're using it, along with an inflatable like a Big Mable, and away from your home base on the water.
The Yamaha tower tow point does a MORE THAN ADEQUATE job.
The one thing the Booster Ball DOES DO well is to help eliminate the rope "spray" when towing from a LOW hook-up point (such as the back of a PWC/jet ski).
The BOOSTER BALL is a lot LARGER IN PERSON once inflated than it appears.
My vote: Try and be satisfied WITHOUT it.
Or ............ Just buy mine.
I sincerely hope this helps you decide. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have one and it works well for us. We have a steerable tube so it's really a necessary thing. If I had a tower I wouldn't bother to have one. It does do a good job of doing what it's designed to do and that's keeping the rope out of the wake. We don't tube every time we go boating so it's not a big deal for us.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I went with the Hydroslide booster ball. Reviews all looked good and 60% of the cost of the Sportsstuff. It doesn't have the vinyl wrap on it, but that didn't come up as a concern in reviews. I figure if we like it and it doesn't last, then we can either get another one or try the SS model.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have one sitting in its box in the garage....want to try it out with our Bandwagon 2+2 monster tube to see if it helps me swing it out over the wake. Right now with an adult on that tube I have to hit 21.5 mph to get it swinging wake to wake. With the booster ball it might be easier....

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a brand new one for sale if anyone wants one :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been considering getting one of these too. It appears that they work as intended pretty well. If I did have a tower, I too, would tow a tube from the tower.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also tow from the tower with no ill effects, so I don't plan on buying a booster ball.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish I had the option to tow from the tower! ;)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the booster ball attach to the current tow rope without modification of the original tow rope? Or, do you have to have a rope from the boat to the booster ball, and then a second rope to the tube?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The booster ball is the tow rope. The ball is mounted between two sections of heavy duty tube weight rope.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What???? So how the heck would I still use my fancy dancy Yamaha blue tow rope....!! Dang!

Hmmm, not so interested now...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Used mine over the weekend....did make it easier on an SX to swing the tube side to side.....but not sure its worth the hassle.
Julian: This was our experience and feelings also, EXACTLY.

"Not sure it's worth the hastle" ........... excellent SUMMARY.

Take the savings you get from NOT purchasing this and start a savings program for an IBR Killer SeaDoo JetSki ! LOL !

Y'all enjoy a really GREAT week ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA