• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard shaft is stuck and wont slide out!

Saltydog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do these pictures show up as pictures?
Or attachments?
Do I need to embed them in the future?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That ball on the hitch should probably be replaced. A lot of rust. It should be greased a couple of times a year with lithium grease.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use marine grease on my splines, I believe there is a ridge in the center of the pump so you load the bearings from each side until they get to the stop at least that is what I recall from years ago doing those pumps ,so do not try to push both out the same way as you will damage the ridge in the housing. Since using a combination of grease and gear oil I have not needed to rebuild any of my pumps , oddly I have a new set sitting here in the box for over 2 years just in case I need them. I use high heat silicon gasket maker between the pump halves but it has been a long time since I built any pumps as I said.