• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stereo

Gthunter5

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok

I've searched quite a bit and didn't have much luck

I need driver side control of volume. The cheaper the better.

I only saw the ir remote which I don't like as u need to have glovebox open

Part 2

Is there a good speaker upgrade over stock w/out going with an amp and 2nd battery?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The IR remote should work fine. I installed 1 in my previous 190 and I was able to control the stereo from all over including when I was on other boats - and with the glove box closed.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just an update for the Clarion MW4. It has not come to market yet but limited info is available on their site. It is a 3"x3" interface that is surface mount and has a full color display. I could not get much info out of them as to its features over the MW1 however the surface mount for those of us with the 190/192 series boats, it sounds like it will be an excellent and easy install for driver side remote control of the Clarion M502. They said it is delayed as they are testing its software etc. but expecting to to be released by the end of this year... looks like I will wait and have a nice winter project to do on my boat.

Edit: As of 01/07/2015 They are still sorting details and it is slated for a first quarter release. I also found out from Clarion that if you buy a Clarion device sold and shipped through Amazon it is covered under warranty however if you buy one through Amazon from an Amazon Vendor it is not. Not sure exactly how they would be able to tell but...

MW4.jpg

Last edited:

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm confused. I'm seeking the ability to have driver side stereo controls for my stock M109 Clarion. They show an optional IR remote, but my understanding of IR remotes is that they have to be aimed directly at the head unit without blockage. That won't work for me. Clarion makes a RF remote called an MF1 available on Amazon for $69.00 that you can use from 100 ft. away and carry it anywhere. It even floats!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M4TC86/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=44756287065&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13512036761232506452&hvpone=69.99&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_398cgt11z1_b

The question is will it work with the M109. The manual is very vague but according to this chart it will work.
http://www.clarion.com/us/compatibility/sirius/2012_SiriusXM_HD_Radio_and_iPod_Compatibility_Chart.pdf
Has anyone used this or have any further information?

Gthunter5

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the Clarion RCB 176 from Amazon for $20

For a stock 2013 stereo

You gotta point it right at the receiver.

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update: Finally got through to someone at Clarion who indicated the comparison chart from 2012 is wrong. That's just great. He recommended to upgrade the stereo to the M309 so it will be compatible with the MF1 remote. With this remote you can sit on the beach or your swim platform and raise or lower the stereo volume as well as other functions. While underway it mounts onto a stationary clip next to the driver. Seems like a nice option.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a Fusion Bluetooth adapter (under $50 on Amazon) which connected to the Aux jack (with a RCA to Aux cable) on the standard clarion radio in my AR192. This allows me to leave the volume on the actual radio turned up to say 28-30 but then actually control the music volume from my phone. As I adjust the output volume on the phone that adjusts how loud the boat speakers are. Obliviously this only works when I am streaming Pandora or playing my music but it works great. The setup will work with any radio that has an Aux jack too.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I just bought TWO (2) MW1 remotes for less than $100 total. I am limited to Clarion Headunit but they just released a few new ones and I don't need anything too fancy anyhow! If all else fails I buy the 502 or 303 when they go on sale because of new models.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Englewoodcowboy that remote you've been waiting for is available on Crutchfield. It doesn't appear to be on Amazon as of yet but I imagine should be any day. I have been waiting for the new stereo (m505) and saw the remote was out now too. At $350, I am glad I picked up my (2) Mw1's for $100 total :eek:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain I am agreeing with you on that one. They were originally suppose to be 200 and that I was ok with, not 350 so I am going with the MW1 now.