• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stern Ladder Handle

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know the best place to buy a new stern ladder handle for a 2010 AR 240 ? I saw one listed at Yamaha Sports Plaza but if I remember right, some have said their delivery time is not good.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the official Yamaha one last time; but since it just failed too, I ordered this one to try. It is cheaper and will likely last as long (or should I say “short”).
I don’t have it yet; but can’t imagine it will not work.

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply but I need the handle not the strap. The manufacturer of the strap sent me a new one when I called and told them the old one failed.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think it might be 25 on that diagram that you're looking for. I'm actually looking for the exact same thing right now for my 2014. On my boat it looks to be F1C-U1552-01-00 which is number 29 on
25 looks like the strap handle to me, which he said he wasn’t looking for. 36 seems like the metal handle he wants. I don’t know though. It’s worth a call to clarify.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
25 looks like the strap handle to me, which he said he wasn’t looking for. 36 seems like the metal handle he wants. I don’t know though. It’s worth a call to clarify.
Yeah I’m not sure. Someone posted a link to a replacement ladder rubber retaining strap, and I thought he said he didn’t want that strap but rather the handle.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I’m not sure. Someone posted a link to a replacement ladder rubber retaining strap, and I thought he said he didn’t want that strap but rather the handle.
You’re right! I didn’t open up the other person’s link. Well, we’re both giving him some options. Ha!

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The item I wanted was number 25 the rear strap. I got the number from my Yamaha service manual. I ordered it from Boats. Net. because Yamaha Sports Plaza had an outrageous delivery charge.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered mine from Amazon....its a standard Attwood part (attwood 2061-5 Flexible Grab Handle with Overmolded Grip, Polypropylene Webbing Over Semi-Rigid Core, Meet ABYC H-41 Standards)

Fits perfectly on my 2016 242X (screws line up exactly).

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! Good to know if the one I ordered has to be replaced.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, the rubber strap I ordered fit perfectly. So when that fails next, you will know a cheaper option than rebranded Yamaha.