• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Super Mable Inflatable tips?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the 2 person super mable that is 1/2 the size of our boat. I think it could carry 7 people but they are being conservative with the rating.

I have a 12v pump and it took about 10 minutes to blow up the tube. Any advice on other inflatable options?

Also, when deflating the tube on the water and bringing it on board, it turns out to be about a 200 pound ballast. I know I can leave it on the back but that depends on the order of sports that we do. Any suggestions on how to get this thing bundled up to a similar size that it was in the original box? Right now I think I need to buy a garden shed for the backyard to store the mable.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just to clarify the 2 person is a Big Mable and 3 person is a Super Mable. We have found both to be great tubes.
I installed a onboard inflator a few years ago and that has helped me fill mine. I use to fill with a rechargeable pump and then top off with a foot pump.
We drag ours on the rear platform and slanted up on the pass through. While pushing the air out the water drains off the back of the boat. It is still too heavy for the wife or daughters to easily stow. And I have never been able to get it back to the size it was shipped. Still the best tubes available in my opinion.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It takes practice with these. I can get mine folded up pretty well but I usually leave it out, deflated , for a couple days for it to dry out.. I fold the back down first and lay on it to get the air out. Then I keep folding the back over and over flattening it each time. Then I fold it lengthwise 3 times and it goes in the floor locker easily. If you get an electric air pump you can reverse the hose and suck the air out. That gets it flat.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the inflator to suck the air out, roll it up and I have a tie down strap that I tie around it, I throw it in the ski locker.
I air it up at home and let it dry....usually do all the sucking after it has dried.

I don't remember the inflator I got but it blows it up pretty quick....I have the Big Mable.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we take the Bandwagon 2+2 out I typically will inflate it at the dock with an AC inflator. Some here say they have DC inflators that more as much CFPM but I've not tested this theory.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We have the big Mable and she is fun to tow and a great stable float to just float on when relaxing.
Personal experience: when deflated do not allow the outer shell to migrate away from the fill ports on the bladder. What I mean is don't get the two parts all cattywompous because you will have to crawl inside the damn thing and line the shell and bladder back up...

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg All great tips and thank you. I do only have the big Mable and not the super Mable. The tube was great and was a good choice but becomes the captains problem unless you have done a better job with parenting

I bought ratcheting straps and used them after folding it up using the advice from all. Worked out great and is compacted well. I could fold it even more but this is a good shape that fits right in my ski locker

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have inflator that connects directly to the battery terminals? That's been the quickest one I've found.

I can usually get the air out fast by folding the chair back forward and laying on it, then fold the sides in and roll.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here, I've got the Airhead 12v high pressure pump with the battery connections.

As for storing inflatables, I put heavy duty hooks in the ceiling of my garage and basically have them hang over the hood of my cars.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will look at getting one of the direct, battery connect pumps. Looks like they do 410 liters/minute while the cigarette lighter DC version that I have does 290 liters/min. Almost 40% difference if my math is right. What I have to think about though is that I like to use my jumper box with 12v DC input to power up the air pump so I don't risk putting additional drain on my single battery setup.

The folding tips help a lot and I may look at putting some garage hooks in like @Shuck Water suggested.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the super mable, only took it out once. I also have the airhead 120v pump. I wet slip so I hooked into the marine power, blew up the tube, strapped in down to the swim platform (take up ALL of the swim platform). Went out for a bit, then came back and deflated it at the marina.

I was wondering about inflating and deflating once we get to our tubing site, but for now I'll use the shore power....

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the Big Mable and fill/deflate out on the water. I have an Airhead pump that connects to the battery and installed a bulkhead plug for it so I would not have to actually access the battery each time (we just plug in right next to table base). We deflate with the pump and the fold it up and strap it on the swim step for the ride back to the slip. I take it home each time and open it up and lay it on my trailer to dry (in the garage).

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just to clarify the 2 person is a Big Mable and 3 person is a Super Mable. We have found both to be great tubes.
I installed a onboard inflator a few years ago and that has helped me fill mine. I use to fill with a rechargeable pump and then top off with a foot pump.
We drag ours on the rear platform and slanted up on the pass through. While pushing the air out the water drains off the back of the boat. It is still too heavy for the wife or daughters to easily stow. And I have never been able to get it back to the size it was shipped. Still the best tubes available in my opinion.
@buckbuck do you have a thread where you outline your onboard install? Just starting to search for info now... so may find a few threads with info I imagine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No super mabel or big mabel experience but have had lots of other big tubes. We usually inflate and deflate on the water. I dont bother to fold ours up much just enough to get it in the ski locker until i get home. once there i take it out and let it dry on the cockpit floor.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 It has been several years. I think I did a write up when I was part of YamahaJetboaters. One thing I do remember is that if you install the air pump under the seats you have to be careful to not allow anything loose to block the inlet. The pump will heat up and destroy itself rather quickly.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Buck (borrowed your pic from the other site),

What's the component here with the orange wires? Is that a fuse?
Buck_TackleBox_AirInflator.jpg

The other component above is a relay that connects to your switch panel, right?

Is the distribution block necessary? I was envisioning, battery -> fuse ? -> relay (is 4 pin relay ok?) (1 side to switch, 1 side to pump)

Thanks! I'm still getting my feet wet on these electrical mods.

(Edit: I guess I ought to move this to a new thread...)

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You are correct. Orange wires are fuse protection. Relay above it. I placed the switch that controls it at the helm near my ballast switch.
I guess you could just wire nut the electrical connections.