• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperCharger clutch replacement ( rebuild )

Derenzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Question - speaking of the scarab 195 HO, once that baby hits 200 hours and needs the clutch replaced/rebuilt for the super charged engine -what is the approx. dealer cost for this to be completed?

DJP1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My supercharger made it to 50 hours and 3 seasons. It totally destroyed itself !

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Or wait til the warranty ends, and replace the old SC with the new ACE one, its maintenance free!!!
I'll elaborate on "Maintenance Free". It's maintenance free FOR THE LIFE OF THE WARRANTY.
What is the warranty on the Supercharger on the ACE engines? I scoured their website and found a reference to 3 years, but it wasn't very clear. Most references just say - refer to engine manufacturer. Lots of talk about "maintenance free supercharger", this is the first real explanation of that statement....I was wondering about that for a while! Nothing with high speed moving parts is maintenance free!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The new maintenance free supercharger is a supercharger that is just that, Maintenance Free. This supercharger is now completely balanced protecting the life of the supercharger, unlike before, requiring a rebuild for some incredible less expensive horsepower.

Me personally, and in my own opinion, a person who has raced all sorts of vehicles can tell you that having to rebuild a super charger for the horsepower you get from Rotax is really cheap compared to what I have had to spend over the years trying to get an extra 15 hp, costing me thousands of dollars. This supercharger topic has been beaten like a dead horse, a JFK conspiracy, and a Roswell phenomen. I don't understand why since the initial problem with the friction washers from 2003 has long been corrected.

Every manufacturer from a car, a plane, a parts manufacturer, a boat manufacturer all have their problems, let us talk about that instead, lol, and we can start with the Ford! Just teasing everyone! Happy New Year and boating to all! God Bless