• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing the 242X

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So everyone knows by now that we have a new boat so we were out yesterday trying to tune it in. Still have some playing to do but it is getting there. The port bag still isn't filling like it should but I should be able to fix it next weekend. I found a work around. Anyways with only 2500 pounds in the boat we had a great wave for the first time out with it. Very happy with it so far.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So setup was 75% in ski locker, 25% in the starboard side, 100% port side but probably only filled to about 70%. Then i put a 750 bag on the port seat and a 540 bag on the port side swim deck alon with 200 lbs of lead bags back there.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Keep us posted. Wave looks great. How many people were in boat? One issue we have is if we have to much wait in back one engine starts to cavitation and revs right up. I guess we need to add weight up front.
Only wish I have is to be able to have less external bags.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So setup was 75% in ski locker, 25% in the starboard side, 100% port side but probably only filled to about 70%. Then i put a 750 bag on the port seat and a 540 bag on the port side swim deck alon with 200 lbs of lead bags back there.
Do you know factory bag sizes? Is it about 1,100 total, right? And Batteries are both on the port side, correct?

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider when in Shelbyville, did you have any Scarabs (or Chaps) set up for surfing? I know you currently don't offer the Wake Wedge for those but just curious what the wake is like - in your (no bs) opinion?

--

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider when in Shelbyville, did you have any Scarabs (or Chaps) set up for surfing? I know you currently don't offer the Wake Wedge for those but just curious what the wake is like - in your (no bs) opinion?

--
Why do I feel like this is foreshadowing something. . . . . . :rolleyes:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

--
I believe the only Chap we had at Shelbyville had a prop and there weren't any Scarabs.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't seen or surfed behind one @swatski . Sorry

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Both batteries are on the port side, total ballast is supposed to be 1400 pounds factory. My boat cavitated a little also but so did my Ar230 with a bunch of weight.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you tie your bags down? We lost one that we but on lower swim deck a couple times. Thank fully they still float. We have fat sacks. The bags are the biggest pain about surfing. Setting up and then having to drain when you want to move to another part of the lake. Ours does not like to get up on plane with the extra weight.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Screenshot_20170821-203455.png
How do you tie your bags down? We lost one that we but on lower swim deck a couple times. Thank fully they still float. We have fat sacks. The bags are the biggest pain about surfing. Setting up and then having to drain when you want to move to another part of the lake. Ours does not like to get up on plane with the extra weight.
I use ratchet straps looped over both (400lb) bags. . . . . Was actually planning on making a short video on this.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In just use one rope that attaches to the ski hook, loop under the bag and then tie it back to the tower.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length