• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim deck speakers

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just curious. Does anyone that has or has had a 2004 vintage yamaha think that 6.5" speakers would fit in this location?
20171017_183510.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, your boat does look shiny:winkingthumbsup". I don't see a problem mounting a pair of speakers there.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks so much everybody for your compliments about my boat.
I know @Julian put 4" speakers there on his old boat, but I'm wondering if people think 6.5's would fit there.
I'm not sure who posted that pic @Beachbummer but the deck height on my boat isn't quite that high.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are not 6.5 speakers, they are 3 in. On the pictures No way you can fit 6in speakers there, but maybe I misunderstood. Do you mean to place them on the floor facing up? Or on the same plane as the shiny handle?

If on the side like the handle, no way 6in fits there, I don't think.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looking to do the same eventually. My only concern is depth.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a close up of the Fusion speakers I installed. I think you'd be hard pressed to get a 6.5" speaker in there. There is PLENTY of room behind this wall...I'm more concerned about the angles on the curves and if the speaker would sit flat. I suppose you might be able to shave the lower side of the speaker down to match the swim step....but that wouldn't be plug and play.

IMAG0064.jpg

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a close up of the Fusion speakers I installed. I think you'd be hard pressed to get a 6.5" speaker in there. There is PLENTY of room behind this wall...I'm more concerned about the angles on the curves and if the speaker would sit flat. I suppose you might be able to shave the lower side of the speaker down to match the swim step....but that wouldn't be plug and play.

View attachment 65325
Thanks Julian, I've kind of been waiting for you to weigh in. I thought I might be biting off more than I could chew, just wanted to hear from someone that had actually put speakers back there.