• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So, I got a little crazy and I’m completing the last mod to finish up the stage 3 build, that I doing to my SX195.

Here’s a list of the mods that I have completed so far...

*Jet boat Pilot Lateral Thruster
*Wet Wolf Yam-5 Adjust a Thrust
*Solas Concord YV-CD-13/18 Impeller
*K&N Cold Air Intake
*Fizzle Factory Y-1000 Intercooler
*HKS SQV4 Blow off valve
*RIVA Racing MaptunerX Stage 3 Tune
*Worx High Flow Water Strainer
*Engine-Tech 17 PSI Boost Wheel
*Riva Racing 1000cc Fuel Injectors
*PLX Monitor with Bosch Wideband O2
*R&D O2 Sensor Housing
*AMSOIL 10w40 Marine Synthetic Oil
*Resonator Delete w/Custom KCS Free Flow Exhaust

Jesus at Riva racing was able to build a custom tune and we got everything dialed in before the end of last season. Currently it will do 60 mph @ 8550 rpm with a full tank of fuel, 3 adults, and gear.

The only upgrade I’m completing right now is to remove the jet pump and switch to a SOLAS Concord YV-CD-14/21 impeller. I am currently running a SOLAS Concord YV-CD-13/18. After speaking with the guys at Impros, I decided it was a good idea because the boat is making, so much more power than stock motor, With the higher pitched impeller of 14/21, it will lower the rpms to about 8350 at WOT, but will increase the top speed to about 63 mph, with a normal load.

I’ll let everyone know how it goes, once I’m done....

Based upon what I’ve seen so far in regard to adding power to these boats; is that eventually your drag limited by the design of the hull!!
Can't wait to see your results! Looks like a very well thought out build. At that power level there is a lot of speed left to find with small tweaks to the ride plate and pump angle.

I'm running 12 psi boost. On a hot day I'm running 60 mph @ 8350 rpm. On a cool day I'll be bumping the rev limit at 62 mph @ 8550 rpm. That's with a YV-CD 13/17.? Pitched by Dean's Team. I credit 2-3 mph to ride plate and pump angle adjustment. Not sure what the max safe speed of our hull is...

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Can't wait to see your results! Looks like a very well thought out build. At that power level there is a lot of speed left to find with small tweaks to the ride plate and pump angle.

I'm running 12 psi boost. On a hot day I'm running 60 mph @ 8350 rpm. On a cool day I'll be bumping the rev limit at 62 mph @ 8550 rpm. That's with a YV-CD 13/17.? Pitched by Dean's Team. I credit 2-3 mph to ride plate and pump angle adjustment. Not sure what the max safe speed of our hull is...
What did you do to the ride plate? I was trying to find an aftermarket one. How were you able to adjust the pump angle? Both of these would definitely help out!!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
What did you do to the ride plate? I was trying to find an aftermarket one. How were you able to adjust the pump angle? Both of these would definitely help out!!
You can add washers between the hull and ride plate to change the ride plate angle. There is a guy on greenhulk that machines a custom angle on stock ride plates on the skis. Might be worth talking to him.

For the pump, you can do a shim. 2-Degree Pump Wedge for Yamaha SHO & SVHO [YH-16003] : PWC Performance Parts

Or you can add trim. https://jetboaters.net/threads/adjustable-trim-and-directional-reverse-bucket-install.17569/

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You can add washers between the hull and ride plate to change the ride plate angle. There is a guy on greenhulk that machines a custom angle on stock ride plates on the skis. Might be worth talking to him.

For the pump, you can do a shim. 2-Degree Pump Wedge for Yamaha SHO & SVHO [YH-16003] : PWC Performance Parts

Or you can add trim. https://jetboaters.net/threads/adjustable-trim-and-directional-reverse-bucket-install.17569/
Awesome thanks so much for the information!!

Does the shim sit between the pump and the Venturi nozzle? I take it that I’m pitching it down 2 degrees to bring the bow up? I really appreciate all your help!!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Awesome thanks so much for the information!!

Does the shim sit between the pump and the Venturi nozzle? I take it that I’m pitching it down 2 degrees to bring the bow up? I really appreciate all your help!!
Yes the shim is behind the Venturi nozzle. It will pitch up to get the bow up.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Here’s an update...

I got the Solas Concord 14/21 impeller installed along with the AquaSport Performance pump angle shim. I also purchased the various Loctite’s and Lifeseal to seal everything up. I also switched to AMSOIL 10w40 Marine Synthetic as well because it’s supposed to have better protection at higher rpms.

I’ll let you know how it goes... And I can’t thank you enough for helping point me in the right direction!!

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Here’s an update...

I got the Solas Concord 14/21 impeller installed along with the AquaSport Performance pump angle shim. I also purchased the various Loctite’s and Lifeseal to seal everything up. I also switched to AMSOIL 10w40 Marine Synthetic as well because it’s supposed to have better protection at higher rpms.

I’ll let you know how it goes... And I can’t thank you enough for helping point me in the right direction!!
I'm excited to see your results. 63+ mph sounds realistic.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Was planning on doing ribbon delete until I discovered my 2018 195 is the newer manifold version which means the ribbon needs to be cut out. That means fuel rail disconnect, entire manifold removed and drilled out. Doesn’t seem worth it to me so I skipped. I also at the same time ordered a USCG approved filter but guess I don’t need it since I left the ribbon in there... but I installed it anyways :)

Also plan on installing the engine breather kit.

Attachments

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Was planning on doing ribbon delete until I discovered my 2018 195 is the newer manifold version which means the ribbon needs to be cut out. That means fuel rail disconnect, entire manifold removed and drilled out. Doesn’t seem worth it to me so I skipped. I also at the same time ordered a USCG approved filter but guess I don’t need it since I left the ribbon in there... but I installed it anyways :)

Also plan on installing the engine breather kit.
Looks great 👍🏼 Nice Install!! You did the right thing because it’s a force induced engine and removing the ribbon is pointless. I’m running 18.5 pounds of boost @ 8100 rpm with the ribbon in my engine!!

Paradan09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great 👍🏼 Nice Install!! You did the right thing because it’s a force induced engine and removing the ribbon is pointless. I’m running 18.5 pounds of boost @ 8100 rpm with the ribbon in my engine!!
I would 100% agree on a turbocharged engine where you control intake manifold pressure (the ecu will just change the wastegate duty cycle) But as far as I know the SVHO does not have a way to control supercharger pressure. Therfore less pressure drop (due to missing ribbon) will increase power. I admitt though it might not be very noticeable because like a 0.1lbs higher pressure is not a lot.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Removing the ribbon on the supercharged 1.8 is not pointless. I haven't modded my AR SVHO yet but on my Waverunner SHO taking out the ribbon was the 1st mod I did and it was enough to put me on the rev limiter in cold water and it noticeably improves throttle response.

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regarding Wet Wolf Adjust-A-Thrust for 195/SVHO/160mm Pump/Four Bolt/YAM 5.

After browsing this post, I was convinced to try the Wet Wolf cone rather than the Lucky 13. However the Wet Wolf Website doesn't list the YAM-5 which is the proper unit for new AR195 Supercharged Boats. Tried emailing/calling etc, and didn't hear anything for a few days... Then I got an email back from Jeff at Wet Wolf. He was funny and cordial when he realized the website didn't list the YAM-5, and said it was the "best kept secret" and asked me where I found out about it. I mentioned this thread, since he was wondering where all the new orders and inquiries were coming in from! We both had a laugh.
To tie this all up in a bow, if you want to order an AAT YAM5 cone, simply open PayPal, enter wetwolf@icehouse.net to where you want to send the payment to. It's currently $184 with shipping, in the note tell him you want a "YAM5" and he had mine mailed via USPS the morning... Supposed to have it on Monday....
Complicatedly simple..

Regards,
Scott

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Regarding Wet Wolf Adjust-A-Thrust for 195/SVHO/160mm Pump/Four Bolt/YAM 5.

After browsing this post, I was convinced to try the Wet Wolf cone rather than the Lucky 13. However the Wet Wolf Website doesn't list the YAM-5 which is the proper unit for new AR195 Supercharged Boats. Tried emailing/calling etc, and didn't hear anything for a few days... Then I got an email back from Jeff at Wet Wolf. He was funny and cordial when he realized the website didn't list the YAM-5, and said it was the "best kept secret" and asked me where I found out about it. I mentioned this thread, since he was wondering where all the new orders and inquiries were coming in from! We both had a laugh.
To tie this all up in a bow, if you want to order an AAT YAM5 cone, simply open PayPal, enter wetwolf@icehouse.net to where you want to send the payment to. It's currently $184 with shipping, in the note tell him you want a "YAM5" and he had mine mailed via USPS the morning... Supposed to have it on Monday....
Complicatedly simple..

Regards,
Scott
Just installed Wet Wolf AAT. Super easy install. For those that have it on their 195s, have you ever tried using the shorter center bolt that is sent in packaging? I am going to try and test with the recommended shortest shuttle and go from there. I have stock impeller and no real performance mods other than a CAI and blow off valve for the stock intercooler. Curious of others results?

Last edited:

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just installed Wet Wolf AAT. Super easy install. For those that have it on their 195s, have you ever tried using the shorter center bolt that is sent in packaging? I am going to try and test with the recommended shortest shuttle and go from there. I have stock impeller and no real performance mods other than a CAI and blow off valve for the stock intercooler. Curious of others results?
@DeeKranze I have been considering the wet wolf as well. I am a little scared of the install, but if it seems to work well on the 195's I don't see why it won't work on my 192.
Please keep us informed of your progress

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DeeKranze look at the directions, you start with the short bolt, not the long bolt... I have been working around back and forth between the 3rd and 4th longest cones, but I haven't had time to do them back to back... You can easily change them on the sandbar if you have a back anchor set... @jgourlie installation was easy, didn't have to take the pump off my 2020, could reach in there and install it... If you can get your hand completely inside the pump and touch all the bolts it's no problem... Hardest thing is indexing it on the housing properly, which I did with some unthreaded 3/16 steel rod I had hanging around. I did it out of laziness and just to see if I could... Lol

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@DeeKranze look at the directions, you start with the short bolt, not the long bolt... I have been working around back and forth between the 3rd and 4th longest cones, but I haven't had time to do them back to back... You can easily change them on the sandbar if you have a back anchor set... @jgourlie installation was easy, didn't have to take the pump off my 2020, could reach in there and install it... If you can get your hand completely inside the pump and touch all the bolts it's no problem... Hardest thing is indexing it on the housing properly, which I did with some unthreaded 3/16 steel rod I had hanging around. I did it out of laziness and just to see if I could... Lol
@PastMaster32 do you need to add any grease or did you just put the oem grease in the adjust a thrust?

3rd and 4th cone on the long bolt or short bolt?

PastMaster32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PastMaster32 do you need to add any grease or did you just put the oem grease in the adjust a thrust?

3rd and 4th cone on the long bolt or short bolt?
I just scooped out the oem grease and there was more than enough for the AAT... Short... Long bolt is really for experimental use according to the directions...

DeeKranze

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just scooped out the oem grease and there was more than enough for the AAT... Short... Long bolt is really for experimental use according to the directions...
I misread the directions and had the bolts mixed up as to what one to start with. Basically he is saying, only use the long bolt if you are not losing any RPM with the longest shuttle. Alot of different combos to try between the shuttles, bolts, and extra washer. Should be interesting experiment

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I misread the directions and had the bolts mixed up as to what one to start with. Basically he is saying, only use the long bolt if you are not losing any RPM with the longest shuttle. Alot of different combos to try between the shuttles, bolts, and extra washer. Should be interesting experiment
Just speculating here as I don't have one, I suppose the long bolt with 2 washers would be the same as the short bolt on the longest shuttle?