• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tell me where to go for 10 year anniversary

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I vote for a Celebrity cruise. We had an upper deck suite with a veranda and butler and it was an awesome cruise. Our room was actually on the back of the ship so we spent a lot of the time while at sea sitting on our balcony. We've cruised on Carnival too and Celebrity was way more luxurious and had better food. One of our stops on the Celebrity cruise was at St. Martin and St. Thomas and they seemed to be great places to spend more time at.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm planning our 25th for next summer ... and I have no idea what to do. We've done a couple cruises (Princess) and liked them. Celebrity had a couple routes that looked promising, so it's good to hear a positive review from @PEARCE. I agree that a day in Jamaica is about 22 hours too many. Turks and Caicos was nice. And a good friend and his wife did Punta Cana and had a great time.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I personally found Punta Cana beaches were crowded, like a New York sidewalk, and water was rough with no snorkeling. I guess it depends on your resort location on the beach. Stayed two places there and will not go back.
Have really enjoyed the Excellence resorts in Mexico. Best ever was Anse Chastanet and Cap Maison in St. Lucia. More relaxing places with no disco or poolside entertainment crew etc. Able to also get out and see the local culture.

For more adventure, get an Air Bnb, VRBO in Costa Rica. Spend couple days in mountains and the rest at the beach. Did that with wife and son and we had the best vacation ever.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is so subjective and personal as to what one person likes over another. I travel for a living, and flew international for years. I had the chance to stay at all inclusives, exclusive resorts, etc. We personally don't like the Caribbean anywhere near what we love Maui. We don't go for the tourist places at all. We don't stay on the tourist side of the island in Maui, instead we stay in Hana, where @BigN8 was saying a drive to was interesting. All of the best beaches are over there anyway, and the climate...well, no comparison. The Carib is hot and humid, bugs, and pushy tourists. Hawaii is Hawaii. If you have never been, you missing a real treat. Hawaii is for honeymoons, anniversaries, BIG romantic trips, compared to party trips. We have stayed in several all inclusives in Cancun the turks and caicos, but I find most of them cookie cutter and not near as nice as the quiet and peace of Hana. But...if your not into enjoying each other, and need the party, go to the Caribbean. I will second scuba diving in Bonaire as well. Bermuda is more civilized as well. Happy Anniversary!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A second for Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia. Very non-commerical and private.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is so subjective and personal as to what one person likes over another. I travel for a living, and flew international for years. I had the chance to stay at all inclusives, exclusive resorts, etc. We personally don't like the Caribbean anywhere near what we love Maui. We don't go for the tourist places at all. We don't stay on the tourist side of the island in Maui, instead we stay in Hana, where @BigN8 was saying a drive to was interesting. All of the best beaches are over there anyway, and the climate...well, no comparison. The Carib is hot and humid, bugs, and pushy tourists. Hawaii is Hawaii. If you have never been, you missing a real treat. Hawaii is for honeymoons, anniversaries, BIG romantic trips, compared to party trips. We have stayed in several all inclusives in Cancun the turks and caicos, but I find most of them cookie cutter and not near as nice as the quiet and peace of Hana. But...if your not into enjoying each other, and need the party, go to the Caribbean. I will second scuba diving in Bonaire as well. Bermuda is more civilized as well. Happy Anniversary!
I agree with Mel. I would also recommend Kauai.

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Staniel Cay in the Exumas is awesome plus you get a boat to cruise around to the many deserted islands if you get the all inclusive package at the yacht club.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bonaire for diving. Well worth the money, but above your listed budget. Awesome and easy diving.

When we went we did our classroom and pool testing,training in chicago. Then completed our open water certification in Bonaire.

Diving is kinda like a working vacation, you are busy diving, preparing, planning, and resting.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, time for me to chime in. I agree with all responses except for @OCMD , but I assume that he was joking. I've done around 15 cruises because my wife likes to cruise... Caribbean, Hawaii, Mediterranean, Aegean Sea... The March timeframe is a little cool for Europe, otherwise, I'd say do a Med cruise that includes Venice... crazy romantic. I think that Hawaii is a great destination for March. If you want atmosphere and exploration both to be available, then you'll want to cruise Norwegian. If you want lots of time relaxing on a ship with a touch of Hawaii, choose Princess.
All that being said, if you are looking to create a milestone in your life, I would seriously consider Bimini with the Jet Boaters group. The risk is that the weather will not allow you to cross as scheduled, and that would really put a damper on things, BUT, plan B is always there if you want to take a ferry or plane to the island and stay put.
If you cross with the 2016 JetBoaters group, you'll have lots of guidance at your disposition, AND you also have the ability to peel-off and spend some unbelievable time together in places that far surpass any tour that a cruise ship could offer. Bimini 2016 has the ability to deliver... weather dependent.
I would not be surprised that if you did Bimini 2016, and the group got wind that it was an anniversary trip for you, I'd bet that they'd make it even more special.
When I was in Bimini with the Jetboaters group in July 2015, it was the first time that I ever had Happy Birthday sang to me on a VHF radio (courtesy of @Bruce and his crew). You can't "book" these types of things. ... ... but don't be surprised when they happen because you get together with great people. Give serious consideration to Bimini 2016.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got together with a few couples at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay, Jamaica and loved it. Cheap, easy in and out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any recommendations for all inclusive resorts (preferably adults only)?
Sandals Grand in St. Lucia! Great location, great weather....great food and service.

I just got back from Beaches Turks and Caicos (owned by the same company--it is their family all inclusive)...gained 7.9 pounds!!!!!

Sandals Antigua is nice too, not as keen on the Jamaica properties. They are opening one in Barbados next year....sounds promising....although I've not been there for decades.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i keep going back and forth... i think i will either take the recommendation for St Martin or stick with Sandals. I love the idea Staniel Cay, but it is booked solid