• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tent on the boat

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So Im looking at this, http://jetboatpilot.com/img/p/8/9/89-thickbox_default.jpg and wonering if I could get a small 2/3 person tent to fit in that area. It would be cool to be able to stay out over night on a full moon night, never did it before and would like to before my son is Too old to hang with me anymore.

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can't help the OP, but I've done this on my AR quite a few times, we just throw the cover over the tower and use a couple bungee straps to make sure it doesn't slide around to much.....I've also slept w/o it on nights when we know there won't be much for bugs and no chance for rain....

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wasn't there a thread on the "other board" a while back - somebody had a tent that fit our boats.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wasn't there a thread on the "other board" a while back - somebody had a tent that fit our boats.
I don't believe they fit the 242. I think they were for the 232. I also think they were for the bow area.

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Google "yamaha bow tent" not sure if you've already seen this or if it would fit your needs but it looks pretty cool.

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
take a look under members tips. Julian has info and photos of the canvas cover he had made for his boat

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Here it is!

I've had a lot of people send me PMs and emails asking about the camper cover I had made, so I thought I'd just start a thread here on camper covers. Here are some answers to questions I've been posed:

Wanted to ask where and who did your enclosure and what kind of price for something like that? I bought it and custom cockpit and bow covers at the same time all for $2300 installed. From memory, I recall that I paid $300 for the bow cover, $500 for the cockpit cover and $1500 for the complete camper enclosure. The fabric is a competitor to Sunbrella and comes with a 6 year warranty (vs 5 for Sunbrella).

How many different panels make up the whole thing? It is a total of 6 panels. 3 pieces make up the front, one for each side, and one for the back. The 3 in front all zip together, but having them separate makes it easier to put on. The sides and stern all have windows that open from the top, so that you can open the top a little and not have the window keep falling closed. If you open from the bottom, the weight of the fabric tends to close the hole, while in from the top, the zippers are strong enough to not allow it to open more. Plus venting from the top is usually the best for cooling anyway.

Is it hard to put on out on the water? Its very easy to put on in the water. The only slightly tricky part is the very middle of the sides where the bimini poles are, but even that isn't hard.

Who made it for you? I had it made at a local Illinois canvas shop-United Canvas-whom I recommend highly. They were very helpful and pointed out things like--have the cockpit cover go over the rear swim deck seat backs to protect them (unlike the OEM cover). I don't have photos of the cockpit cover, but it snaps on to the 2nd level swim deck edge. They make all their covers custom.

Here are a few photos:

JETBOATERS.net FAQ/References ________ My Favorite Forum Features
PerfectPass,Cobra Fins,Dual Batt. w/ACR,Boat Buckles,Garmin 430s GPS w/RAM mount, Clarion

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No Oem for the newer boats?/ They look cool though.
eastcoaster, that is Very cool but a bit beyond my needs.

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guess Julian beat me to it with a link on this forum...

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My wife and I spent 3 nights on the boat on a trip we took down the Mississippi river. We didnt have a tent but I brought one of those 15x15 dome bug screens. We draped it over the bimini top and tied it down so wind wouldnt blow it off. It was ugly but very effective keeping the bugs out. It wouldn't be very fun if it rained but we got lucky with the weather.