• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Dropped our 215 off for the tunes upgrade.

Should be ready for p/u Fri afternoon.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After having the boat out a few times this season to get a feel for the stock steering, today wound up being a good day to install the Cobra Jet Super Magnum AK-19 kit with the fangs option! Looking forward to having a warm day soon to get back out and enjoy them! Thanks to Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for all the timely answers to my questions! 👍
View attachment 94090
Let me know how those fangs work out for ya, I have the same setup but haven't used the fangs yet

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
care to share how you went about the DVSR by-pass?
There is a little red Loop wire behind the DVSR all you have to do is clip it. I will be adding a switch there so it will still act normal while on the water. Flip the switch on for water and off for home on the battery charger/tender.

Last edited:

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Finally mounted my fire extinguisher today.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jarod Phelps

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been on plenty car forums, and this is always a great thread that promotes innovation, and great community conversation. Here is the most important rule.... you have to post pics of what you did.

I just got mine, so Ill start, lol. Yesterday, I placed my Jetboaters.net decal on my ride!

View attachment 8522

Lets keep it going guys!!
Where did you get the sticker I WANT ONE!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let me know how those fangs work out for ya, I have the same setup but haven't used the fangs yet
Finally got the boat out this afternoon after installing the fins last Sat. Seemed to work great! Definitely more responsive at no wake speeds and reverse. On plane it didn't resist turns as much, like it did with just the center rudder. Imho, definitely worth the $ and short amount of time to install. All that being said, I've only used the kit with the fangs installed so can't really speak to with fangs vs fins w/o fangs. But they are relatively cheap and simple to add on or remove. Didn't really see any draw back to adding them on. Briefly wot'd on the way back, and hit 48 on Lake St Clair with passenger and full tank of 91 E0, light wind and chop. Happy with the mod!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you [U]@AmesJainchill[/U] for the review of your Super Magnum AK-19 steering system and AK fangs, what jumps out at me is the comment about the steering being improved even in reverse since your boat is a 2019 model with the newest style nozzle and reverse setup.
Now I realize that adding the A K FANGS is an extra expense like $350 oh wait ,,, my mistake , make that $35 without the 0 and the entire Steering setup , including A K Fangs & the very important second tie rod is only $394.99 on my web page including free domestic shipping via U S priority mail So thank you once again for the write up and the picture.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Summerized the boat and got her fueled up. 10 day forecast shows I will still not be getting on the water for the next 10 days, which is maddening. Even though the water temp is 49 F right now it would be nice to do a shakedown cruise and watch the sunset.

Also "fixed" one of my bow cushions which snapped last year when one of the kids fell into the boat. Kind of a redneck fix and it might not work but I didn't want to shell out $300 with shipping for a replacement. I epoxied the crack and reinforced.

IMG_6115.jpg