• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday changed the oil (finally). Also installed some brackets to hold the new big hardsided cooler. No pics, as I am hoping it didn't happen.

For the brackets, everything went fine (each bracket has 4 screws) until screw number 7. That one gets about 1/16" from being screwed down and the head shears off. Same size drill bit as all of the others.... So I fixed that one up a bit (drilled either side of it with a small bit, so was able to get that out...). Figured that is a fluke, so put back in screws and go for number 8 (after overdrilling that one a bit more, for safety). Number 8 got 1/4 of the way in and shears off. Couldn't get that one out (only had pliers with me, but enough is sticking up to grab it). Grrr...

So did the oil. Reading glasses slipped off my face half way through the operation. Plop. Right into the bilge. Of course, I had already removed the starboard oil filter (the one right over the bilge). Put an oil mat below it (as I always do), but of course it never gets it all. So there was some residual oil in the bilge that I had not cleaned up yet. Glasses landed glass-down. Reached down to get them, but hands were then all oily and they slipped... When I finally fished them out my hands were covered with oil, the glasses were covered with oil. Tried to wipe them off with the oil mat, the rag I had, a paper towel. Didn't have glass cleaner I could get to. So had to make do. Filling the engines was very interesting trying to read the dipstick through milky glasses.

I took no pictures and came back home.

But the oil is changed.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Cleaned the interior over the weekend. About 3hours on Saturday using 303 cleaner and 2+ hours Sunday using 303 Protectant on the upholstery, speakers, trim et cetera. want to change oil (64 hours.) and plugs this week. Hope to get out Thursday, weather, rain in the morning, warming up to the mid 70's in the afternoon and partly sunny.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Re-did all wiring connections. (Lights stopped working) Pretty much all factory connections where corroded. Then replaced the safety chain. Couldn't find anything that fit and was galzanived, ended up with a zinc one that was a little too long so cut off a few links to make it work. Then put on my new safety chains. These are MUCH nicer than the OEM ones. This morning I dropped the trailer off for new tires and bearing service (new hubs if needed).

954497A5-2FF9-4793-B3F5-3EDE2F651643.jpegCDF663E4-3346-4C73-BA62-20883D7014D7.jpegA6D24AC5-5C8C-495E-B6BE-DF3264F2C4B6.jpeg8359A295-CB93-4FE8-9835-757B63F2568C.jpegAB8C8B8F-A7E1-414A-9ED6-21DE8B9089AA.jpegF293D30B-5C1A-44AE-B586-8804FE04CE2D.jpegA98B63A1-3249-4F9C-991B-F51064BB9382.jpeg04D19168-29D5-4F44-A2D0-FAA6CAFE1911.jpeg16881159-756E-45B8-9CD7-2DA537F958C8.jpegCA1F968F-F2B6-4F3E-8488-7FC1A2D7878E.jpeg

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Swapped out my switches with Contura V’s so I can see what each switch is since all of the old ones paint had rubbed off. Looks cleaner IMO, shouldn’t wear off since they’re laser etched and has brighter red daylight LED’s as opposed to a lensed incandescent bulb. Also, I swear Yamaha’s wiring is absolute bush league. Literally had a triple spade jumper on the negative terminal to the nav light.C8EFEF57-111D-4FFF-BC25-138BAD5010C5.jpegE6E86AD7-8E15-4AB6-9A49-F31E23E12A71.jpegA6E810BE-A482-4181-9A0F-BA1FC9B31A1D.jpeg6E9315FE-6C1A-43AE-A3BD-C585006C8BFF.jpeg

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Yesterday changed the oil (finally). Also installed some brackets to hold the new big hardsided cooler. No pics, as I am hoping it didn't happen.

For the brackets, everything went fine (each bracket has 4 screws) until screw number 7. That one gets about 1/16" from being screwed down and the head shears off. Same size drill bit as all of the others.... So I fixed that one up a bit (drilled either side of it with a small bit, so was able to get that out...). Figured that is a fluke, so put back in screws and go for number 8 (after overdrilling that one a bit more, for safety). Number 8 got 1/4 of the way in and shears off. Couldn't get that one out (only had pliers with me, but enough is sticking up to grab it). Grrr...

So did the oil. Reading glasses slipped off my face half way through the operation. Plop. Right into the bilge. Of course, I had already removed the starboard oil filter (the one right over the bilge). Put an oil mat below it (as I always do), but of course it never gets it all. So there was some residual oil in the bilge that I had not cleaned up yet. Glasses landed glass-down. Reached down to get them, but hands were then all oily and they slipped... When I finally fished them out my hands were covered with oil, the glasses were covered with oil. Tried to wipe them off with the oil mat, the rag I had, a paper towel. Didn't have glass cleaner I could get to. So had to make do. Filling the engines was very interesting trying to read the dipstick through milky glasses.

I took no pictures and came back home.

But the oil is changed.
Mission accomplished. That’s all that matters.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
🤣🤣🤣 I legit LOL'd at this! Sorry for the struggle, but you sound like you've got a good outlook on so far

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sprayed my 210 FSH mooring cover with 303
Fabric Guard. The hurricane stretched the bow area and water was pooling. Cover needed a good cleaning and resealing. Now opening the bow floor hatch with a cut-down noodle on top to keep the water from pooling in the bow.

2465DB76-C557-4605-9316-6A9E131079E7.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Reckon I could put these here. Had a day or two of super warm nice weather here. So took some time off work to keep working on my ballast install.

No matter what I did I couldn't fit my 6'4" 210 lb frame into that storage locker to put the bolts into the engine bay dividers for the supports I bought after removing the hard tanks. Used child labor. Also put rubber caps on the screws so they don't poke the bags. Then put in 90* elbows so hopefully the ballasts fill properly, and hooked up the vent lines. Built a little battery switch protector from the spare starboard I took off the hard tanks. Need to test it and see how far I can calibrate the rear pumps on the connext. I'm 99.9999999% certain I won't be able to adjust it to 10mins which is what it'll take to fill these bags. I was able to get my front bag to calibrate to 117% and it stopped there when I messed with that. If that's the limit for the rear I'll need timers and external switches. Found out I can't just do bigger pumps, according to wakemakers. Those that have the connext screen that adjusts by minutes you should be fine. As these are 88lbs a minute, so roughly 10 mins.
20230224_133028.jpg20230223_194318.jpg20230223_194309.jpg20230223_184359.jpg20230223_145918.jpg20230223_145907.jpg20230223_115405.jpg20230223_115400.jpg

Possum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been busy. Got to take it out yesterday for the first time and it did well but there are a couple gremlins.

Trailer brakes weren't working well and really clunky. Bled the brakes with new fluid last night.

One of my batteries is shot. Trying to recondition it overnight. Think the cold snap got it.

Port side thrust is much stronger than starboard. Motors sound great but I did notice the caulking on the starboard wasn't great. Gonna redo it and I think that'll fix the thrust.

Wife took a spill while jumping off the back so gonna start taking a small ladder to make loading up and unloading easier.

It was a good shake down run. Very windy day so having the canopy folded sure made docking and loading on the trailer much easier. Trailer needs to be a lot deeper than I thought it'd need to be as well.

These 19 models sure handle better than the 07 I'm used to.

Also put on trailer guides with lights last week and got the Stoltz roller setup.

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Yesterday was one of those days, I wanted to change the oil, spark plugs and get it for a couple of hours yesterday as it was 80 degrees here. My fluid extractor wouldn't create a vacuum thus wouldn't draw any oil. Only used once previously. Brought it home tried it with a bucket of water, same result.
When I got around to the plugs, I had been sent the NGKs for the 1.8L non-SVHO, I have the SVHO.
Lots of effort, zero results. Needless to say, I didn't get out on the water.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was told to move my batterie as and charger out of the main room in the basement to next to the wine racks

20230301_165927.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday was one of those days, I wanted to change the oil, spark plugs and get it for a couple of hours yesterday as it was 80 degrees here. My fluid extractor wouldn't create a vacuum thus wouldn't draw any oil. Only used once previously. Brought it home tried it with a bucket of water, same result.
Sounds like a sealing issue. Check o-rings and/or gaskets, lube them up as they may be dried up enough.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Reckon I could put these here. Had a day or two of super warm nice weather here. So took some time off work to keep working on my ballast install.

No matter what I did I couldn't fit my 6'4" 210 lb frame into that storage locker to put the bolts into the engine bay dividers for the supports I bought after removing the hard tanks. Used child labor. Also put rubber caps on the screws so they don't poke the bags. Then put in 90* elbows so hopefully the ballasts fill properly, and hooked up the vent lines. Built a little battery switch protector from the spare starboard I took off the hard tanks. Need to test it and see how far I can calibrate the rear pumps on the connext. I'm 99.9999999% certain I won't be able to adjust it to 10mins which is what it'll take to fill these bags. I was able to get my front bag to calibrate to 117% and it stopped there when I messed with that. If that's the limit for the rear I'll need timers and external switches. Found out I can't just do bigger pumps, according to wakemakers. Those that have the connext screen that adjusts by minutes you should be fine. As these are 88lbs a minute, so roughly 10 mins.
View attachment 195042View attachment 195043View attachment 195044View attachment 195045View attachment 195046View attachment 195047View attachment 195048View attachment 195049
Nice...Thats why we have kids! lol

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sounds like a sealing issue. Check o-rings and/or gaskets, lube them up as they may be dried up enough.
I have to hold the seal down while creating a vacuum on my extractor until it starts to pull, then it will grab and off to the races.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to hold the seal down while creating a vacuum on my extractor until it starts to pull, then it will grab and off to the races.
The rubber gasket on mine may or may not seal, as it is usually quite a while between uses. It also depends on the temperature, as a colder day seems to bring "shrinkage".

Like the oil filter gasket, adding a little bit of oil to the extractor gasket is usually enough to get a good seal and get good results

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice...Thats why we have kids! lol
He actually enjoyed it. I had to get one more nylock nut from Ace as I dropped 2 in the bilge. He was adamant I don't try and put it on until he got home from school to help. He's still afraid of power tools and any time I fire up my impact, or air compressor he yells to wait so he can go inside. LOL! He's only 8, so I'll give him a break on that part. I've got bruises all over trying to squeeze in places. I'll just use him next time.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
He actually enjoyed it. I had to get one more nylock nut from Ace as I dropped 2 in the bilge. He was adamant I don't try and put it on until he got home from school to help. He's still afraid of power tools and any time I fire up my impact, or air compressor he yells to wait so he can go inside. LOL! He's only 8, so I'll give him a break on that part. I've got bruises all over trying to squeeze in places. I'll just use him next time.
HAHA that's what kids are good for. If they don't want to pay rent to live in our houses, they get used as free labor. Kinda like my interns 🤪

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
CC: @WiskyDan That's another thing, if you decide to paint, pull the spare, paint it, and rotate your tires, using the spare for 1-by-1 painting to get all of it. Bring it over by me on the trailer, I've got an impact! 1-day project, make it a weekend with the Admiral, and you've got a launch right there too. Might not even need a jack, but we got that too!
I missed this somehow. I like the hubcap idea - what size are the rims?

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Winter Project = Carpet for Sale

I also got around to installing the Marine Mat kit from @JetBoatPilot this past weekend. If you haven't seen the dragon scales, its a pretty cool look. Love how all the mats tie into each other.

Attachments