• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

theater room

jaybro72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DSC04480.JPG

I posted on the other site when I was putting this together asking for advise. thanks everyone for the suggestions. my favorite is the harmony rf remote. I keep all the components in a cabinet in the other room to keep a clean look

Attachments

Last edited:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice. I have a theater room in my house that has nothing in it. I've thought about doing something like this for a while.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a projector theater setup in my last two houses in the basement. I love it for watching movies and supercross races, my son used it to play his Wii games.
When I first put it all together the flat screen TV's weren't around like they are now, so I had a 100" screen that took up zero floor space, that's what I loved about it. When I moved to FL of course there are no basements here and we have a much smaller house so the people that bought our last house bought the system from us.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Very cool, but I noticed there was no popcorn machine!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my town it is common for them to pour a concrete basement room under the driveway. Four walls of concrete with only a door. They make the ultimate theater rooms and are very large. Cam.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job! I love Harmony remotes and have 3 of them! Was tired of fiddling with remotes, especially when family came to visit. Set my parents up with one too. Super simple, and not hard to program either.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could an old person use a harmony remote? I am looking for a solution for my mother who is always messing up the TV and then has to watch nothing. If you could program a one button "put everything to normal" button it would be a life saver. We live 500 miles apart and you can only get so far on the phone. Cam.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Could an old person use a harmony remote? I am looking for a solution for my mother who is always messing up the TV and then has to watch nothing. If you could program a one button "put everything to normal" button it would be a life saver. We live 500 miles apart and you can only get so far on the phone. Cam.
Yes and older person could use a Harmony Remote. You program the basics so there is one button operation for them - like "Watch TV", or "Watch DVD". They press that and everything comes on, and the volume buttons control what ever device is controlling volume, etc. Then there is one Power button to turn it all off. There is also a "Help" button which walks you through questions like "Is the TV on? YES or No" and you press the Yes or No button and it corrects the problem.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely. Like @Julian said there is a HELP button that fixes any problem. They will need help to program the remote initially if they don't use the computer much but you could do all of that and then ship it to them.

If your mother is only watching a TV though without any audio receiver, appletv, etc., it may be easier to set up the simple cable remote to turn on the cable box and the television. That is the way to go for that type of simple configuration.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Very nice room. I have a very similar room set up in the basement with 65" tv - the biggest at that time. I use to spend a lot of time down there, now the kids took over!

jaybro72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice job! I love Harmony remotes and have 3 of them! Was tired of fiddling with remotes, especially when family came to visit. Set my parents up with one too. Super simple, and not hard to program either.
I think it was you , Julian that turned me on to the Harmony. thank you, I love it

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks nice! I also have three Harmony remotes including the one pictured. All my old remotes are in a box in the attic.

jaybro72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice room. I have a very similar room set up in the basement with 65" tv - the biggest at that time. I use to spend a lot of time down there, now the kids took over!
now-a-days its around 80" that's what I went with. now in a year or two it will be 100". technology only gets bigger , sometimes better